Jabber client in Smalltalk

Frank-B
Hello all,

I am interested in using a Jabber client inside my Seaside application and for the server (editor) side I wanted to have this integrated into my Smalltalk application, which also supplies the data for the Seaside server. I downloaded Pongo but I would prefer to use the Jabber protocol.

There used to be a Jabber client in VisualWorks available at the University of Urbana's Smalltalk archive, but it seems that their archive is no longer available (does anybody know a new link? All my searching was in vain.)

Also, the Cincom links are dead like this one: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView?showComments=true&title=Jabber+in+VisualWorks&entry=3238085000

Additionally, in case somebody has experiance with some JavaScript Jabber client for inclusion into the website I would very much appreciate a comment. What I am trying to achieve is essentially this: www.meebo.com but with a more customized solution.

Thank you for your help.
Frank

Re: Jabber client in Smalltalk

Mark A. Schwenk
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Frank Berger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> There used to be a Jabber client in VisualWorks available at the University of Urbana's Smalltalk archive, but it seems that their archive is no longer available (does anybody know a new link? All my searching was in vain.)

Try browsing ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/

-Mark Schwenk

Re: Jabber client in Smalltalk

Andreas.Raab
Mark A. Schwenk wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Frank Berger
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> There used to be a Jabber client in VisualWorks available at the University of Urbana's Smalltalk archive, but it seems that their archive is no longer available (does anybody know a new link? All my searching was in vain.)
>
> Try browsing ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/

Or try this: http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/jabber

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Re: Jabber client in Smalltalk

Michael Rueger-6
Andreas Raab wrote:

> Or try this: http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/jabber

Oh, just noticed that the entry is way out of date.
Julian put some more work in and the result is here:

http://www.squeaksource.com/Jabber.html

Michael

Re: Jabber client in Smalltalk

Julian Fitzell-2
Yeah, there's plenty of room for improvement there and I haven't
touched it in ages but the basics were there. Michael had a
functioning client and I was working on getting a server of sorts
going and on generalizing the protocol classes to make them work for
the server and the client. If anyone wants to pick it up and run with
it, feel free.

Julian