Jade and Seaside-Rest question

BrunoBB
Hi James,

I'm using Jade to create a Seaside application that has some Rest Services.

When you create a method with pragmas then there is an error in the parser.

I think this is because Dolphin Smalltalk parser does not support pragmas.

Is this right or maybe i doing something wrong ?
I will investigate this and try it to solve it in Jade.

For example:
list
   <get>

   ^String streamContents: [ :stream |
     #('hola' 'test' 'tasks') do: [ :each |
         stream nextPutAll: each; crlf ] ]

Well, searching in Dolphin Smalltalk list i found this:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin/pragmas/comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin/0jik5s1usRw/LleKlo0As_MJ

If this package works fine i will let you know to add it to Jade to support Rest with Jade.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] Jade and Seaside-Rest question

James Foster-9
Hi Bruno,

I'm able to add your sample method to a class in 3.1.0.4, compile it, send the message, and get back a string. It seems to all works fine. I don't think we are using the Dolphin parser; we are using Scintilla (search for Smalltalk on http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDoc.html). What error are you getting?

Are you using Jade.exe or are you loading the Jade packages into a Dolphin development environment?

James Foster
Director of Professional Services
GemTalk Systems, LLC
+1 503 766 4714 (voice & fax)
[hidden email]

On Oct 24, 2013, at 4:57 PM, BrunoBB <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I think i did not describe the problem correctly.

It was with Dolphin environment.
But i was able to compile the method into GemStone. But when in Dolphin image you select the method and you enter to method workspace an error arise. If you close the debug window you can continue without problem.

I do not have my notebook here i will send the stack later. But is a client problem, i will also check with Jade.exe.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] Jade and Seaside-Rest question

BrunoBB
Hi James,

Confirmed, this only happend in Dolphin image, not in Jade.exe.

I'm still trying to find out why in Dolphin image and not in Jade.exe.

Here is the stack:
20:48:14, viernes, 25 de octubre de 2013: 'UndefinedObject does not understand #environment'
Object>>doesNotUnderstand:
SmalltalkParser>>lookupExternalStructType:
SmalltalkParser>>parseExternalArgType
SmalltalkParser>>parseExternalCallArgList
SmalltalkParser>>parseExternalCallArgs:
SmalltalkParser>>parseExternalCall:isVirtual:
SmalltalkParser>>parseExtendedExternalCall:
SmalltalkParser>>parseTag:
SmalltalkParser>>parseTag
SmalltalkParser>>parseStatementList:into:
SmalltalkParser>>parseStatementsOf:allowTag:
SmalltalkParser>>parseMethod
SmalltalkParser>>parseMethod:
SmalltalkParser>>parseMethod:in:errorBlock:
SmalltalkParser class>>parseMethod:in:onError:
SmalltalkParser class>>parseMethod:in:
[] in JadeMethodWorkspace>>buildParseTree
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
JadeMethodWorkspace>>buildParseTree
JadeMethodWorkspace(MethodWorkspace)>>parseTree
[] in JadeMethodWorkspace(MethodWorkspace)>>autoParse
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
JadeMethodWorkspace(MethodWorkspace)>>autoParse
JadeMethodWorkspace(MethodWorkspace)>>onTimerTick:
EventMessageSend>>forwardTo:withArguments:
EventMessageSend(MessageSendAbstract)>>valueWithArguments:
[] in MessageSequenceAbstract>>valueWithArguments:
EventMessageSequence>>messagesDo:
EventMessageSequence(MessageSequenceAbstract)>>valueWithArguments:
EventsCollection>>triggerEvent:with:
JadeMethodWorkspace(Object)>>trigger:with:
ScintillaView(View)>>wmTimer:wParam:lParam:
ScintillaView>>wmTimer:wParam:lParam:
ScintillaView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
InputState>>pumpMessage:
InputState>>loopWhile:

Re: [Glass] Jade and Seaside-Rest question

BrunoBB
Hi James,

I think finally got it.

JadeMethodWorkspace isAutoParseEnabled.

If it's false then works fine. If you set it true then the error arise.

Regards,
Bruno