James Robertson

davidbuck
For those who haven't heard on Facebook, James Robertson passed away
suddenly on Thursday April 14, 2014.  James was a power house of
information for Smalltalk and worked furiously through the years to
promote it through his blog and podcasts.  James was an employee of
ParcPlace through the ParcPlace/Digitalk merger and through the move to
Cincom.  When he left CIncom in 2010, he became an independent
contractor. He was always an early adopter of technology. He jumped into
the blog scene when it wasn't yet a scene and started recording podcasts
when podcasts were still new.  Over the years, he recorded thousands of
podcasts, screencasts, videos of conference talks and interviews making
them accessible to everyone by podcast channels, youtube and through his
blog.

Funeral information can be found at the following link.
     http://sollevinson.com/notice.php?lr=loc&id=25422

I'm waiting to hear details about a memorial service to be held later
this week.

For all of us who were touched by his life, we say farewell to a good
friend.

David Buck

Fwd: James Robertson

davidbuck
Correction:  Thursday April 17, 2014.

Re: Fwd: James Robertson

Tudor Girba-2
I am sorry to hear this sad news.
He will be missed.

May he rest in peace.

Doru

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 10:30 AM, David Buck <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: James Robertson

Niall Ross
Dear David,
    I've posted my tribute at the link.  He was a great guy.

> Funeral information can be found at the following link.
>     http://sollevinson.com/notice.php?lr=loc&id=25422

             Sadly
                Niall Ross

Re: James Robertson

Sean Glazier
He was a very dear friend of mine. I have been off email for s while being busy this pascha  / Easter season.

I  am overseas for a while and not able to return for a while.

Jim was a good friend.  I look forward to seeing him on the last day.

We usually in the orthodox church light candles and pray for our friends both living and asleep. I will sadly move his name to the other list, but I will continue to pray for him.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone
Sean Glazier
Light your self on fire with Enthusiasm and people will come for miles around to watch you burn!

On Apr 19, 2014, at 10:23, David Buck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For those who haven't heard on Facebook, James Robertson passed away suddenly on Thursday April 14, 2014.  James was a power house of information for Smalltalk and worked furiously through the years to promote it through his blog and podcasts.  James was an employee of ParcPlace through the ParcPlace/Digitalk merger and through the move to Cincom.  When he left CIncom in 2010, he became an independent contractor. He was always an early adopter of technology. He jumped into the blog scene when it wasn't yet a scene and started recording podcasts when podcasts were still new.  Over the years, he recorded thousands of podcasts, screencasts, videos of conference talks and interviews making them accessible to everyone by podcast channels, youtube and through his blog.
>
> Funeral information can be found at the following link.
>    http://sollevinson.com/notice.php?lr=loc&id=25422
>
> I'm waiting to hear details about a memorial service to be held later this week.
>
> For all of us who were touched by his life, we say farewell to a good friend.
>
> David Buck

grt

Re: James Robertson

grt
Will miss him for ever.
Thushar

G R Thushar
Team Leader(Technology),
Signos Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Ground Floor A.R Plaza, TC 11/43 (2),
P.M.G Junction,
Thiruvananthapuram, 695004. Kerala, India.

Phone: +919846577772

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 1:53 PM, David Buck <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jon Paynter-2
Very sorry to hear this.

But he left a wealth of knowledge behind so we can keep his memory around.

Re: James Robertson

Anthony Lander-3
That's very sad news :(

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Jon Paynter <[hidden email]> wrote:
Very sorry to hear this.

But he left a wealth of knowledge behind so we can keep his memory around.

Re: Fwd: James Robertson

Steffen Märcker
This is really sad. May he rest in peace and may he live on in our
memories.

Regards, Steffen

Am 19.04.2014, 16:59 Uhr, schrieb Sreenath G K <[hidden email]>:

> Ohh thats sad news.  We young smalltalkers have always looked into him
> and
> his podcasts. We will miss him for sure.
>
> Regards,
> Sreenath
> On 19 Apr 2014 17:51, "Tudor Girba" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am sorry to hear this sad news.
>> He will be missed.
>>
>> May he rest in peace.
>>
>> Doru
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 10:30 AM, David Buck <[hidden email]> wrote:

<---Schnitt--->

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: EM04 Spam: James Robertson

Nowak, Helge
Rest in Peace, Jim. Sad that you had to go so early.
Helge