JavaScript Developer Survey Results

peter.ode
Follow this link: https://ponyfoo.com/articles/javascript-developer-survey-results
to see results of a survey with over 5,000 Javascript programmers.

No mention of Amber anywhere. Hopefully we can change that.

Re: JavaScript Developer Survey Results

Herby Vojčík

Peter wrote:
> Follow this
> link: https://ponyfoo.com/articles/javascript-developer-survey-results
> to see results of a survey with over 5,000 Javascript programmers.
>
> No mention of Amber anywhere. Hopefully we can change that.

Well, it is probably in the "Other" section(s).

Interesting percentages, maybe we should look at using gulp instead of
grunt and examine other module schemes, as requirejs wasn't shown very
often there... many projects already use es6 modules as their main form
and transpile them, it seems.

Re: JavaScript Developer Survey Results

philippeback
Interesting article.

About Grunt|Gulp, there is this thing: https://github.com/omouse/grunt2gulp.js

Not sure of the huge Gulp benefit for what we do.

Would it be such a big deal maintaining the two?

Phil

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 1:20 AM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:

Peter wrote:
Follow this
link: https://ponyfoo.com/articles/javascript-developer-survey-results
to see results of a survey with over 5,000 Javascript programmers.

No mention of Amber anywhere. Hopefully we can change that.

Well, it is probably in the "Other" section(s).

Interesting percentages, maybe we should look at using gulp instead of grunt and examine other module schemes, as requirejs wasn't shown very often there... many projects already use es6 modules as their main form and transpile them, it seems.

Re: JavaScript Developer Survey Results

Amber Smalltalk mailing list
Hi,

regarding Grunt/Gulp, I recently came across those articles:

Not sure if it is applicable in our case, but it definitely is an interesting read.

Best,
Manfred

Peter wrote:
Follow this
link: https://ponyfoo.com/articles/javascript-developer-survey-results
to see results of a survey with over 5,000 Javascript programmers.

No mention of Amber anywhere. Hopefully we can change that.

Well, it is probably in the "Other" section(s).

Interesting percentages, maybe we should look at using gulp instead of grunt and examine other module schemes, as requirejs wasn't shown very often there... many projects already use es6 modules as their main form and transpile them, it seems.

Re: JavaScript Developer Survey Results

Herby Vojčík
Interesting indeed.

Dňa 17. decembra 2015 11:30:44 CET používateľ "'Manfred Kröhnert' via amber-lang" <[hidden email]> napísal:

'Manfred Kröhnert' via amber-lang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> regarding Grunt/Gulp, I recently came across those articles:
>
> http://blog.keithcirkel.co.uk/why-we-should-stop-using-grunt/
>
> http://blog.keithcirkel.co.uk/how-to-use-npm-as-a-build-tool/
>
> Not sure if it is applicable in our case, but it definitely is an
> interesting read.

Applicable it probably is, but there's one technical difficulty with
executing requirejs optimizer on Windows. The patch in really minimal,
the PR is there for two months,
https://github.com/requirejs/requirejs-npm/pull/4, I commented to urge
@jrburke to merge it, we can only pray (or write more "pls merge"
comments) that it gets in, possibly soon.