JavaScript editor recommendations?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
I just want something similar to Notepad++ with added formatting
capabilities and at lest some concept of navigation aside from the usual
Search feature. Nothing too fancy, but as our codebase grows its
becoming harder and harder to maintain good control over the file(s).

Suggestions?

Thanks!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Re: JavaScript editor recommendations?

Blake-5
On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:34:36 -0800, Boris Popov <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I just want something similar to Notepad++ with added formatting
> capabilities and at lest some concept of navigation aside from the usual
> Search feature. Nothing too fancy, but as our codebase grows its
> becoming harder and harder to maintain good control over the file(s).
>
> Suggestions?

Primalscript?

RE: JavaScript editor recommendations?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Thanks, I just tried it out, but it doesn't appear that it is capable of
any kind of auto-formatting, which I would really prefer to have. It
does have a menu to navigate between functions, so it's an advantage
over Notepad++ already, but not as dramatic as I'd have hoped.

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:43:19 -0800, Boris Popov <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks, I just tried it out, but it doesn't appear that it is capable of
> any kind of auto-formatting, which I would really prefer to have. It
> does have a menu to navigate between functions, so it's an advantage
> over Notepad++ already, but not as dramatic as I'd have hoped.

No auto-formatting? I seem to recall otherwise but I didn't do much
Javascripting in it. (It supports a lot of languages, and if memory
serves, it actually did auto-formatting for REXX. Heh.)

        ===Blake===

Re: JavaScript editor recommendations?

Blabux
Someone at work recommended Aptana (http://www.aptana.com/) and I have just started using it. It's Javascript support is nice. It has a tree view of the objects inside. I'm still playing with it, but sofar so good. Before that I used WScite for Javascript and know what you mean by code getting out of control.

Hope this Helps
--
Blaine

Boris Popov-2 wrote

boris@deepcovelabs.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Re: JavaScript editor recommendations?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [Seaside] JavaScript editor recommendations?

Thanks, I will check it out.

Cheers!

-Boris
(Sent from a BlackBerry)

Boris Popov-2 wrote:

> I just want something similar to Notepad++ with added formatting
> capabilities and at lest some concept of navigation aside from the usual
> Search feature. Nothing too fancy, but as our codebase grows its
> becoming harder and harder to maintain good control over the file(s).
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Boris
>
> --
> +1.604.689.0322
> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
> http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4
>
> [hidden email]
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
> attachments.
>
> Thank you.

Re: JavaScript editor recommendations?

Lukas Renggli
> Suggestions?

I am using TextMate[1]. The JavaScript bundles (plugins) provide
syntax highlighting, auto completion, lint, documentation, etc.

Cheers,
Lukas

[1] http://macromates.com/

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

RE: JavaScript editor recommendations?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
It's time I should get a Mac perhaps then :) Looks like such a nice
editor...

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322