JavaTestCoverage

Guillaume Larcheveque
Hello,

I am Guillaume Larcheveque and I joined the team RMOD a month ago. My role is mainly to make developments in Moose.
I developed a tool to import statistics from EMMA (a test coverage tool for JAVA), which in conjunction with VerveineJ allow you to view test coverage for a java project in Moose (available at http://www.squeaksource.com/JavaTestCoverage).

Cordially

--
Guillaume Larcheveque

Re: JavaTestCoverage

Tudor Girba-2
Excellent!

Can we get more information about it? How do you use it? What is the
availability? What is the license? :)

Cheers,
Doru

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Guillaume Larcheveque
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am Guillaume Larcheveque and I joined the team RMOD a month ago. My role
> is mainly to make developments in Moose.
> I developed a tool to import statistics from EMMA (a test coverage tool for
> JAVA), which in conjunction with VerveineJ allow you to view test coverage
> for a java project in Moose (available at
> http://www.squeaksource.com/JavaTestCoverage).
>
> Cordially
>
> --
> Guillaume Larcheveque

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: JavaTestCoverage

Guillaume Larcheveque
Look at the EMMAExtractor class description. It explain how to use this (in my case, I have tested it by importing the Lucene Project in Moose with VerveineJ and then filled the test coverage information from a coverage.xml file I generated by modifying the common-build.xml to use EMMA with).

You can use it for your own usage.

I'm interested to know in which way you want to use this tool, thank you in advance.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Guillaume Larcheveque and I joined the team RMOD a month ago. My role
> is mainly to make developments in Moose.
> I developed a tool to import statistics from EMMA (a test coverage tool for
> JAVA), which in conjunction with VerveineJ allow you to view test coverage
> for a java project in Moose (available at
> http://www.squeaksource.com/JavaTestCoverage).
>
> Cordially
>
> --
> Guillaume Larcheveque

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Guillaume Larcheveque

Re: JavaTestCoverage

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks, but I still do not understand where to look.

Could you please provide a step-by-step set of instructions of how to
use it on a project?

At the moment, I would just be interested in documenting this such
that others can use the information later on.

Cheers,
Doru

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Guillaume Larcheveque
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Look at the EMMAExtractor class description. It explain how to use this (in
> my case, I have tested it by importing the Lucene Project in Moose with
> VerveineJ and then filled the test coverage information from a coverage.xml
> file I generated by modifying the common-build.xml to use EMMA with).
>
> You can use it for your own usage.
>
> I'm interested to know in which way you want to use this tool, thank you in
> advance.
>

> 2012/2/16 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Excellent!
>>
>> Can we get more information about it? How do you use it? What is the
>> availability? What is the license? :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Guillaume Larcheveque
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I am Guillaume Larcheveque and I joined the team RMOD a month ago. My
>> > role
>> > is mainly to make developments in Moose.
>> > I developed a tool to import statistics from EMMA (a test coverage tool
>> > for
>> > JAVA), which in conjunction with VerveineJ allow you to view test
>> > coverage
>> > for a java project in Moose (available at
>> > http://www.squeaksource.com/JavaTestCoverage).
>> >
>> > Cordially
>> >
>> > --
>> > Guillaume Larcheveque

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

> Guillaume Larcheveque

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: JavaTestCoverage

Guillaume Larcheveque
For information you can look into the class comments (EMMAExtractor)

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Look at the EMMAExtractor class description. It explain how to use this (in
> my case, I have tested it by importing the Lucene Project in Moose with
> VerveineJ and then filled the test coverage information from a coverage.xml
> file I generated by modifying the common-build.xml to use EMMA with).
>
> You can use it for your own usage.
>
> I'm interested to know in which way you want to use this tool, thank you in
> advance.
>

> 2012/2/16 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Excellent!
>>
>> Can we get more information about it? How do you use it? What is the
>> availability? What is the license? :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Guillaume Larcheveque
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I am Guillaume Larcheveque and I joined the team RMOD a month ago. My
>> > role
>> > is mainly to make developments in Moose.
>> > I developed a tool to import statistics from EMMA (a test coverage tool
>> > for
>> > JAVA), which in conjunction with VerveineJ allow you to view test
>> > coverage
>> > for a java project in Moose (available at
>> > http://www.squeaksource.com/JavaTestCoverage).
>> >
>> > Cordially
>> >
>> > --
>> > Guillaume Larcheveque

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

> Guillaume Larcheveque

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Guillaume Larcheveque

Re: JavaTestCoverage

Guillaume Larcheveque
About the license, the development I do has to be under the INRIA license which is stil not defined.

You can use this for your own usage but it's not currently public.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Look at the EMMAExtractor class description. It explain how to use this (in
> my case, I have tested it by importing the Lucene Project in Moose with
> VerveineJ and then filled the test coverage information from a coverage.xml
> file I generated by modifying the common-build.xml to use EMMA with).
>
> You can use it for your own usage.
>
> I'm interested to know in which way you want to use this tool, thank you in
> advance.
>

> 2012/2/16 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Excellent!
>>
>> Can we get more information about it? How do you use it? What is the
>> availability? What is the license? :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Guillaume Larcheveque
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I am Guillaume Larcheveque and I joined the team RMOD a month ago. My
>> > role
>> > is mainly to make developments in Moose.
>> > I developed a tool to import statistics from EMMA (a test coverage tool
>> > for
>> > JAVA), which in conjunction with VerveineJ allow you to view test
>> > coverage
>> > for a java project in Moose (available at
>> > http://www.squeaksource.com/JavaTestCoverage).
>> >
>> > Cordially
>> >
>> > --
>> > Guillaume Larcheveque

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

> Guillaume Larcheveque

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Guillaume Larcheveque

--
Guillaume Larcheveque

Re: JavaTestCoverage

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks. Now where do I find the class?

Cheers,
Doru

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Guillaume Larcheveque
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> For information you can look into the class comments (EMMAExtractor)
>

> 2012/2/16 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Thanks, but I still do not understand where to look.
>>
>> Could you please provide a step-by-step set of instructions of how to
>> use it on a project?
>>
>> At the moment, I would just be interested in documenting this such
>> that others can use the information later on.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Guillaume Larcheveque
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Look at the EMMAExtractor class description. It explain how to use this
>> > (in
>> > my case, I have tested it by importing the Lucene Project in Moose with
>> > VerveineJ and then filled the test coverage information from a
>> > coverage.xml
>> > file I generated by modifying the common-build.xml to use EMMA with).
>> >
>> > You can use it for your own usage.
>> >
>> > I'm interested to know in which way you want to use this tool, thank you
>> > in
>> > advance.

>> > --
>> > Guillaume Larcheveque

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

> Guillaume Larcheveque

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: JavaTestCoverage

Tudor Girba-2
Also, how do you model the coverage information? Is this just a
property in FAMIXMethod?

Is there a repository that we can look at on the Smalltalk side?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: JavaTestCoverage

Guillaume Larcheveque
Yes it's three properties in FAMIXMethod (methodCoverage, lineCoverage and blockCoverage) and the package is available at http://www.squeaksource.com/JavaTestCoverage.

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Guillaume Larcheveque

Re: JavaTestCoverage

On Feb 16, 2012, at 9:41 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Excellent!
>
> Can we get more information about it? How do you use it? What is the
> availability? What is the license? :)

We do not know yet.
We are working on a license that would let Moose people that are sharing their code to use what we produce too.