John Walker's Benchmark Suite

John Dougan
Has anyone here ever seen or written a VW implementation of John Walker's fbench fp benchmarks?

Re: John Walker's Benchmark Suite

Martin McClure-5
On 08/08/2014 12:37 PM, John Dougan wrote:
> Has anyone here ever seen or written a VW implementation of John
> Walker's fbench fp benchmarks?
>
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/fbench/
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/fbench/fbench.html
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/fourmilog/archives/2014-07/001524.html

I haven't seen one myself, but I do see results for GNU Smalltalk in the
results in the links you sent, so someone has written a Smalltalk
implementation.

Regards,

-Martin

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Martin McClure <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 08/08/2014 12:37 PM, John Dougan wrote:
> Has anyone here ever seen or written a VW implementation of John
> Walker's fbench fp benchmarks?
>
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/fbench/
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/fbench/fbench.html
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/fourmilog/archives/2014-07/001524.html

I haven't seen one myself, but I do see results for GNU Smalltalk in the
results in the links you sent, so someone has written a Smalltalk
implementation.

Yup, and most of it looks straightforward to port. The fp display code appears to be ST implementation specific though and I was hoping that someone else had gotten there first as it will take me awhile to puzzle through it.

Cheers,
 -- John

--
John Dougan