KDE-edu

Bèrto ëd Sèra
Hi guys!

just to let you know that I'm currently presenting our mock-up and
some basic data to the KDE sprint 2010 (
http://community.kde.org/KDEEdu/Sprint2010#Sprint_in_Randa_.28Edu_part.29
) that is currently held in Randa and it seriously looks like data for
KDE education is going to be mantained and generated by it, so that
means gnu-smalltalk and iliad as basic components to run the system on
every KDE machine :)

I'm happy (and afraid, when I think that I have to get all marble
data...). Thanks to all of you, as this would never have been possible
without the wonderful work you all made and make.

Berto

--
==============================
Constitution du 24 juin 1793 - Article 35. - Quand le gouvernement
chaque portion du peuple, le plus sacré des droits et le plus
indispensable des devoirs.

Re: KDE-edu

Nicolas Petton
Hi Bèrto,

That's great, really! Please keep us informed :)

Cheers,
Nico

Re: KDE-edu

Bèrto ëd Sèra
I'm currently sitting in Randa (close to Zermatt) enjoing Open Source
beer and having endless brainstorming about how we can use this app as
a data generator for KDE-edu. It all boils down to have the standard
interface we have to add, classify and maintain data PLUS being able
to build XML exports on the fly. So basically KDE apps should call our
server with a wget and get the page or something similar.

Now, I can either build a file and then let them download it or simply
produce a page that is the actual XML data they need. I'd rather go
for the second, because then I don't need to clean the large amount of
files I'd get, but is it possible? As is, I seem to understand that
Iliad will deliver only an <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML
1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
doc, while I need to generate an <!DOCTYPE kvtml PUBLIC "kvtml2.dtd"
"http://edu.kde.org/kvtml/kvtml2.dtd">

Yet, I suppose that when you said we would eventually be able to
switch from XHTML to HTML5 some kind of DOCTYPE management would be
implied, now would it?

Bèrto

--
==============================
Constitution du 24 juin 1793 - Article 35. - Quand le gouvernement
viole les droits du peuple, l'insurrection est, pour le peuple et pour
chaque portion du peuple, le plus sacré des droits et le plus
indispensable des devoirs.

Re: KDE-edu

Paolo Bonzini-2
On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 18:31, Bèrto ëd Sèra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm currently sitting in Randa (close to Zermatt) enjoing Open Source
> beer

I think it is _free_ beer.  It's actually pretty good!

http://www.freebeer.org

Paolo

Re: KDE-edu

Bèrto ëd Sèra
Yeap! That one exactly. At this altitude it also gets you quite stoned
:))))) So if KDE 5 eventually turns out to be crazier than usual you
can pretty much blame it on the beer :))

When I get back I'll start to bug a friend of mine to license a
receipt for wine under CC-BY and have "free wine", too :)))))))

Bèrto

--
==============================
Constitution du 24 juin 1793 - Article 35. - Quand le gouvernement
viole les droits du peuple, l'insurrection est, pour le peuple et pour
chaque portion du peuple, le plus sacré des droits et le plus
indispensable des devoirs.

Re: KDE-edu

Nicolas Petton
Le dimanche 23 mai 2010 à 19:31 +0300, Bèrto ëd Sèra a écrit :
> Yet, I suppose that when you said we would eventually be able to
> switch from XHTML to HTML5 some kind of DOCTYPE management would be
> implied, now would it?

Yes, there will be a doctype management :)

Nico

Re: KDE-edu

Nicolas Petton
Le dimanche 23 mai 2010 à 19:31 +0300, Bèrto ëd Sèra a écrit :
> Yet, I suppose that when you said we would eventually be able to
> switch from XHTML to HTML5 some kind of DOCTYPE management would be
> implied, now would it?

Done :)
http://github.com/NicolasPetton/iliad/blob/master/Core/HTMLElements/ILHtmlElement.st

Cheers,
Nico

Re: KDE-edu

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 05/25/2010 01:53 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Le dimanche 23 mai 2010 à 19:31 +0300, Bèrto ëd Sèra a écrit :
>> Yet, I suppose that when you said we would eventually be able to
>> switch from XHTML to HTML5 some kind of DOCTYPE management would be
>> implied, now would it?
>
> Done :)
> http://github.com/NicolasPetton/iliad/blob/master/Core/HTMLElements/ILHtmlElement.st

Two nits:

1) I think #beforePrintHtml should be

self attributeAt: 'lang' ifAbsentPut: [self session language greaseString].
self hasXmlTag ifFalse: [^self].
self attributeAt: 'xmlns' ifAbsentPut: [self xmlns].
self attributeAt: 'xml:lang' ifAbsentPut: [self session language
greaseString].

2) #xmlns should be #defaultXmlns and #xmlns should be an accessor?

Paolo

Re: KDE-edu

Nicolas Petton
Le mardi 25 mai 2010 à 15:10 +0200, Paolo Bonzini a écrit :

> On 05/25/2010 01:53 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> > Le dimanche 23 mai 2010 à 19:31 +0300, Bèrto ëd Sèra a écrit :
> >> Yet, I suppose that when you said we would eventually be able to
> >> switch from XHTML to HTML5 some kind of DOCTYPE management would be
> >> implied, now would it?
> >
> > Done :)
> > http://github.com/NicolasPetton/iliad/blob/master/Core/HTMLElements/ILHtmlElement.st
>
> Two nits:
>
> 1) I think #beforePrintHtml should be
>
> self attributeAt: 'lang' ifAbsentPut: [self session language greaseString].
> self hasXmlTag ifFalse: [^self].
> self attributeAt: 'xmlns' ifAbsentPut: [self xmlns].
> self attributeAt: 'xml:lang' ifAbsentPut: [self session language
> greaseString].
>
> 2) #xmlns should be #defaultXmlns and #xmlns should be an accessor?
Yep, better, thanks :)

Nico

Re: KDE-edu

sebastien audier
Congratulation Berto ! :)

Re: KDE-edu

Bèrto ëd Sèra
Thanks! Nothing of this would have been achievable without gst and
iliad, so the first and largest congratulations are actually for you
guys :)

Berto

--