KEDAMA for squeak 3.8 ?

Hilaire Fernandes-5
Hello,

I am looking for KEDAMA to try it on a 3.8 image but I cannot find it in
the WEB. Any one with an URL I can try?

Hilarie Fernandes

Re: KEDAMA for squeak 3.8 ?

karl-8
Hilaire Fernandes skrev:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for KEDAMA to try it on a 3.8 image but I cannot find it
> in the WEB. Any one with an URL I can try?
>
> Hilarie Fernandes

http://www.squeakland.org/installers/SqueakPluginImage-dev.zip
This is the dev image for Squeakland, 3.8 something including kedama
Karl

Re: KEDAMA for squeak 3.8 ?

Hilaire Fernandes-5
karl a écrit :

> Hilaire Fernandes skrev:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am looking for KEDAMA to try it on a 3.8 image but I cannot find it
>> in the WEB. Any one with an URL I can try?
>>
>> Hilarie Fernandes
>>

> http://www.squeakland.org/installers/SqueakPluginImage-dev.zip
> This is the dev image for Squeakland, 3.8 something including kedama
> Karl
Thanks for the tip Karl.

I saw it is in the EToys-StarSqueak category, I file-out it and file-in
in Squeak3.8. However when opening a KEDAMA area I got error (see
included error log). I am not sure about the cure, but may be there is
already plan for it...

I was believing Kedama needs an external plug-in but there is none in
the squeak-plugin or may be it is inlcuded with the VM, right?

Hilaire Fernandes

--
ADD R0,R1,R2,LSL #2

MessageNotUnderstood: Player94>>addPatchVarNamed:
21 February 2006 4:45:44 pm

VM: unix - a SmalltalkImage
Image: Squeak3.8 [latest update: #6665]

SecurityManager state:
Restricted: false
FileAccess: true
SocketAccess: true
Working Dir /home/hilaire/Squeak-Images/CG-Landes
Trusted Dir /home/hilaire/Squeak-Images/CG-Landes/secure
Untrusted Dir /home/hilaire/Squeak-Images/CG-Landes/My Squeak

Player94(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #addPatchVarNamed:
        Receiver: a Player94 (2422) named kedama
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aMessage: addPatchVarNamed: #patch
        Receiver's instance variables:
                dependents: nil
                costume: a KedamaMorph<kedama>(705)
                costumes: nil

Player94(Player)>>doesNotUnderstand: #addPatchVarNamed:
        Receiver: a Player94 (2422) named kedama
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aMessage: addPatchVarNamed: #patch
                ours: false
        Receiver's instance variables:
                dependents: nil
                costume: a KedamaMorph<kedama>(705)
                costumes: nil

KedamaMorph>>initializePatch
        Receiver: a KedamaMorph<kedama>(705)
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                f: nil
        Receiver's instance variables:
                bounds: 0@0 corner: 200@200
                owner: nil
                submorphs: #()
                fullBounds: nil
                color: Color blue
                extension: a MorphExtension (3128) [externalName = kedama ]  [player = a Player...etc...
                dimensions: 100@100
                wrapX: 100.0
                wrapY: 100.0
                pixelsPerPatch: 2
                patchesToDisplay: nil
                patchVarDisplayForm: Form(100x100x32)
                lastTurtleID: nil
                turtleCount: nil
                turtlesDict: nil
                turtlesDictSemaphore: nil
                turtlesToDisplay: nil
                magnifiedDisplayForm: nil
                autoChanged: nil
                topEdgeMode: nil
                bottomEdgeMode: nil
                leftEdgeMode: nil
                rightEdgeMode: nil
                topEdgeModeMnemonic: nil
                bottomEdgeModeMnemonic: nil
                leftEdgeModeMnemonic: nil
                rightEdgeModeMnemonic: nil

KedamaMorph>>clearAll
[...]

--- The full stack ---
Player94(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #addPatchVarNamed:
Player94(Player)>>doesNotUnderstand: #addPatchVarNamed:
KedamaMorph>>initializePatch
KedamaMorph>>clearAll
KedamaMorph>>initialize
KedamaMorph(Morph)>>initializeToStandAlone
KedamaMorph class(Morph class)>>newStandAlone
PartsBin class>>thumbnailForQuad:color:
[] in PartsBin>>listDirection:quadList: {[:tuple |  aClass := Smalltalk at: tuple first.  aButton := IconicButton new...]}
SortedCollection(OrderedCollection)>>do:
PartsBin>>listDirection:quadList:
ObjectsTool>>installQuads:fromButton:
[] in ObjectsTool>>showCategory:fromButton: {[quads := OrderedCollection new.  Morph withAllSubclasses   do: [:aClass | a...]}
BlockContext>>ensure:
CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
ObjectsTool>>showCategory:fromButton:
[] in SimpleButtonMorph>>doButtonAction {[target perform: actionSelector withArguments: arguments]}
BlockContext>>ensure:
CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
SimpleButtonMorph>>doButtonAction
SimpleButtonMorph>>mouseDown:
SimpleButtonMorph(Morph)>>handleMouseDown:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
SimpleButtonMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
SimpleButtonMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
AlignmentMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
ObjectsTool(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
...etc...

Re: KEDAMA for squeak 3.8 ?

Marcus Denker

On 21.02.2006, at 16:53, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> karl a écrit :
>> Hilaire Fernandes skrev:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am looking for KEDAMA to try it on a 3.8 image but I cannot
>>> find it in the WEB. Any one with an URL I can try?
>>>
>>> Hilarie Fernandes
>>>

>> http://www.squeakland.org/installers/SqueakPluginImage-dev.zip
>> This is the dev image for Squeakland, 3.8 something including kedama
>> Karl
>
> Thanks for the tip Karl.
>
> I saw it is in the EToys-StarSqueak category, I file-out it and
> file-in in Squeak3.8. However when opening a KEDAMA area I got
> error (see included error log). I am not sure about the
> cure, but may be there is already plan for it...
>
> I was believing Kedama needs an external plug-in but there is none
> in the squeak-plugin or may be it is inlcuded with the VM, right?

I plugin likely, and then squeakland 3.8 is *not* Squeak 3.8, it has
seen hundreds of patches and enhancements (Kedama is one of them),
So to get it to run in 3.8, it would be best to re-integrate all the
SqueakLand changesets (ca. 150).

There are plans to do this for 3.8.1 (and 3.9a), but integrating
these numbers patches at once is quite time-consuming, so nobody has
done
that till now.

      Marcus

Re: KEDAMA for squeak 3.8 ?

Hilaire Fernandes-5
Marcus Denker a écrit :

> I plugin likely, and then squeakland 3.8 is *not* Squeak 3.8, it has
> seen hundreds of patches and enhancements (Kedama is one of them),
> So to get it to run in 3.8, it would be best to re-integrate all the
> SqueakLand changesets (ca. 150).
>
> There are plans to do this for 3.8.1 (and 3.9a), but integrating  these
> numbers patches at once is quite time-consuming, so nobody has  done
> that till now.

Is doing the job for 3.8.1 and 3.9a will be the same?
Practically what are the needed skills to do this integration?

Hilaire Fernandes

Re: KEDAMA for squeak 3.8 ?

Yoshiki Ohshima
  Hilaire,

> I was believing Kedama needs an external plug-in but there is none in
> the squeak-plugin or may be it is inlcuded with the VM, right?

  It needs an external plugin.  (Actually, it works without the
plugin, but just it would be too slow.)

  The Plugin code is in the Squeakland image, but it is not included
in the stock VM.  Some pre-compiled ones are available at:

http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/kedama/KedamaPlugin-win.zip
http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/kedama/KedamaPlugin.bundle.zip
http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/kedama/KedamaPlugin-linux-x86.zip

-- Yoshiki

Re: KEDAMA for squeak 3.8 ?

Marcus Denker

On 21.02.2006, at 17:26, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Marcus Denker a écrit :
>
>> I plugin likely, and then squeakland 3.8 is *not* Squeak 3.8, it
>> has  seen hundreds of patches and enhancements (Kedama is one of
>> them),
>> So to get it to run in 3.8, it would be best to re-integrate all
>> the  SqueakLand changesets (ca. 150).
>> There are plans to do this for 3.8.1 (and 3.9a), but integrating
>> these numbers patches at once is quite time-consuming, so nobody
>> has  done
>> that till now.
>

> Is doing the job for 3.8.1 and 3.9a will be the same?

No, as 3.9 has seen changes, so just filing in the changesets won't
be it. At least it needs to be checked if there are overlaps.
But we are thinking about making one big changeset that encodes the
delta from 3.8 to squeakland and use that...
but I'm not yet sure if it's not simpler to do it step-by-step.

3.8.1 should be simpler, and Michael is already working on that.

> Practically what are the needed skills to do this integration?

Don't know... looking at changesets, were they are overlapping with
earlier changes, integrating those... stuff like that.

        Marcus

Re: KEDAMA for squeak 3.8 ?

stéphane ducasse-2
checking the difference between the changes and the one in the
current image.
So this can be easy for certain ones and tedious for others.

Stef

> Marcus Denker a écrit :
>
>> I plugin likely, and then squeakland 3.8 is *not* Squeak 3.8, it
>> has  seen hundreds of patches and enhancements (Kedama is one of
>> them),
>> So to get it to run in 3.8, it would be best to re-integrate all
>> the  SqueakLand changesets (ca. 150).
>> There are plans to do this for 3.8.1 (and 3.9a), but integrating
>> these numbers patches at once is quite time-consuming, so nobody
>> has  done
>> that till now.
>

> Is doing the job for 3.8.1 and 3.9a will be the same?
> Practically what are the needed skills to do this integration?
>
> Hilaire Fernandes

Re: KEDAMA for squeak 3.8 ?

timrowledge

On 21-Feb-06, at 8:23 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>   Hilaire,
>
>> I was believing Kedama needs an external plug-in but there is none in
>> the squeak-plugin or may be it is inlcuded with the VM, right?
>
>   It needs an external plugin.  (Actually, it works without the
> plugin, but just it would be too slow.)
>
>   The Plugin code is in the Squeakland image, but it is not included
> in the stock VM.
If you'd like the plugin to be part of the normal VMMaker package
just let me know and send me a copy of the code.

tim
Klingon Code Warrior:- 8) "By filing this bug you have questioned my
family honor. Prepare to die!"