Kaliningrad ...

marten
I'm not sure, if this mailing list is the correct one for this problem).

I loaded Kaliningrad into my GLASS installation - according to the blog
documentation. I enter an URL to view the amber browser, but I get an
empty window. I get lots of files from Gemstone and Firebug tells me,
that ALL js-files (with a partial name "Kaliningrad" in the URL) could
not be found (error 404).

Re: Kaliningrad ...

Dale Henrichs
Marten,

This is the right place for your question.

I've just done the following in a GLASS installation (based on GemStone/S 2.4.4.1):

  Gofer new
    url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Kaliningrad';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfKaliningrad';
    load.
  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfKaliningrad) project version: '0.1') load.
  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project version: '3.0.6.2') load: 'Seaside-Adaptors-Swazoo'.

And then defined Swazoo as the default adaptor and started a server gem:

  WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems default
        name: 'Swazoo';
        adaptorClass: WAGsSwazooAdaptor;
        ports: #(8383).
  WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems restartGems.

Then I hit:

  http://localhost:8383/tools/amber-browser

and the amber browser came up in the browser window (Chrome on linux)...

If you could share more of the details of what you've done, that would help me figure out what's going wrong.

Dale

| I'm not sure, if this mailing list is the correct one for this
| problem).
|
| I loaded Kaliningrad into my GLASS installation - according to the
| blog
| documentation. I enter an URL to view the amber browser, but I get an
| empty window. I get lots of files from Gemstone and Firebug tells me,
| that ALL js-files (with a partial name "Kaliningrad" in the URL)
| could
| not be found (error 404).

Re: Kaliningrad ...

marten
Ok, I do all my stuff in Gemstone 3.0.1

Am 21.11.2011 18:30, schrieb Dale Henrichs:

> Marten,
>
> This is the right place for your question.
>
> I've just done the following in a GLASS installation (based on GemStone/S 2.4.4.1):
>
>    Gofer new
>      url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Kaliningrad';
>      package: 'ConfigurationOfKaliningrad';
>      load.

  ok, without problems
>    ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfKaliningrad) project version: '0.1') load.

  ok, without problems ...
>    ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project version: '3.0.6.2') load: 'Seaside-Adaptors-Swazoo'.

  I did not do this, because I have 3.0.x already installed

> And then defined Swazoo as the default adaptor and started a server gem:
>
>    WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems default
> name: 'Swazoo';
> adaptorClass: WAGsSwazooAdaptor;
> ports: #(8383).
>    WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems restartGems.

  ok, without error

> Then I hit:
>
>    http://localhost:8383/tools/amber-browser

Ok, I had to enter

      http://192.168.70.200:8383/tools/amber-browser

because Gemstone is located in a virtual PC, but I get an empty window
and firebug tells me errors like:

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found -
http://192.168.70.200:8383/Kaliningrad/js/amber.js"

ALL js-files - normally served by GemStone - with Kaliningrad in its URL
are not served by Gemstone to my browser. Others are served (e.g.
/files/....).

Marten

Re: Kaliningrad ...

Dale Henrichs
Okay ... I repeated the same commands in I mentioned earlier in 3.0.1 and get a browser window up ... what browser are you using? ... what os are you running on?  ... What seaside adaptor are you using?

Dale

| Am 21.11.2011 18:30, schrieb Dale Henrichs:
| > Marten,
| >
| > This is the right place for your question.
| >
| > I've just done the following in a GLASS installation (based on
| > GemStone/S 2.4.4.1):
| >
| >    Gofer new
| >      url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Kaliningrad';
| >      package: 'ConfigurationOfKaliningrad';
| >      load.
|
|   ok, without problems
| >    ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfKaliningrad) project version:
| >    '0.1') load.
|
|   ok, without problems ...
| >    ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project version:
| >    '3.0.6.2') load: 'Seaside-Adaptors-Swazoo'.
|
|   I did not do this, because I have 3.0.x already installed
|

| > And then defined Swazoo as the default adaptor and started a server
| > gem:
| >
| >    WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems default
| > name: 'Swazoo';
| > adaptorClass: WAGsSwazooAdaptor;
| > ports: #(8383).
| >    WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems restartGems.
|
|   ok, without error
|
| > Then I hit:
| >
| >    http://localhost:8383/tools/amber-browser
|
| Ok, I had to enter
|
|       http://192.168.70.200:8383/tools/amber-browser
|
| because Gemstone is located in a virtual PC, but I get an empty
| window
| and firebug tells me errors like:
|
| "NetworkError: 404 Not Found -
| http://192.168.70.200:8383/Kaliningrad/js/amber.js"
|
| ALL js-files - normally served by GemStone - with Kaliningrad in its
| URL
| are not served by Gemstone to my browser. Others are served (e.g.
| /files/....).
|

| Marten

Re: Kaliningrad ...

marten
I have found the problem: I had to execute manually

KORestfulHandler initialize

and then I see now the browser. Actually I would expect, that this
method get called after loading (by who ?) !?

But ok, now I can go further on ...

Marten

Am 22.11.2011 01:04, schrieb Dale Henrichs:

> Okay ... I repeated the same commands in I mentioned earlier in 3.0.1 and get a browser window up ... what browser are you using? ... what os are you running on?  ... What seaside adaptor are you using?
>
> Dale

Re: Kaliningrad ...

Dale Henrichs
Good I'm glad that you're going again ... Something must have happened during the load process to cause that initializer to be skipped ... during a normal load it is executed...

Dale

| I have found the problem: I had to execute manually
|

| KORestfulHandler initialize
|

| and then I see now the browser. Actually I would expect, that this
| method get called after loading (by who ?) !?
|
| But ok, now I can go further on ...
|
| Marten
|

| Am 22.11.2011 01:04, schrieb Dale Henrichs:
| > Okay ... I repeated the same commands in I mentioned earlier in
| > 3.0.1 and get a browser window up ... what browser are you using?
| > ... what os are you running on?  ... What seaside adaptor are you
| > using?
| >
| > Dale

| > |
| > | Ok, I do all my stuff in Gemstone 3.0.1
| > |

| > |
| > |   ok, without problems
| > |
| > |   ok, without problems ...
| > |
| > |   I did not do this, because I have 3.0.x already installed
| > |

| > |
| > |   ok, without error
| > |

| > |
| > | Ok, I had to enter
| > |
| > |       http://192.168.70.200:8383/tools/amber-browser
| > |
| > | because Gemstone is located in a virtual PC, but I get an empty
| > | window
| > | and firebug tells me errors like:
| > |
| > | "NetworkError: 404 Not Found -
| > | http://192.168.70.200:8383/Kaliningrad/js/amber.js"
| > |
| > | ALL js-files - normally served by GemStone - with Kaliningrad in
| > | its
| > | URL
| > | are not served by Gemstone to my browser. Others are served (e.g.
| > | /files/....).
| > |
| > |
| > |