KeyNotFound: key #nil not found in SystemDicitonary

KeyNotFound: key #nil not found in SystemDicitonary

Seth
So, I've been trying to save and close my image for a while now.

It won't even just close without saving, it constantly pops up the error
from this subject.

I'm fairly new to all this, but I followed it to I think an Array of
ClassSessionHandlers one of which is ClassSessionHandlers(nil) but I don't
know how to get rid of it, I also opened the process browser and found a
Morphic UI Process: nil which i tried to terminate. None of which seems to
work. How to I get this nil value out of my image save / shutdown process?

Re: KeyNotFound: key #nil not found in SystemDicitonary

Ben Coman
hi Seth,

I've never heard of that error before, and others are better placed to advise on session handling,
but just to provide an escape path...

Right-click on your package and choose "File Out", and it will inform you of the created file name.
Then in a fresh image go World > Tools > File Browser, find the file and right-click on it then "FileIn entire file"

cheers -ben

On 10 December 2017 at 09:54, Seth <[hidden email]> wrote:
So, I've been trying to save and close my image for a while now.

It won't even just close without saving, it constantly pops up the error
from this subject.

I'm fairly new to all this, but I followed it to I think an Array of
ClassSessionHandlers one of which is ClassSessionHandlers(nil) but I don't
know how to get rid of it, I also opened the process browser and found a
Morphic UI Process: nil which i tried to terminate. None of which seems to
work. How to I get this nil value out of my image save / shutdown process?

Re: KeyNotFound: key #nil not found in SystemDicitonary

Seth
Thanks Ben.

I did the file out part. How do I start start a fresh image?

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Depends on how you downloaded Pharo.
* With PharoLauncher, just right click a template and "Create image"
* If you downloaded a Zip, extract it again, or specifically delete Pharo.image and Pharo.changes and replace with a fresh copy from the zip.
* If via Zeroconf, unfortunately it removes the zip after it extracts it, so usually after it finishes I zip up my own local copy prior to working with it.

cheers -ben