Kinematic Templates implemented in Pharo

Kinematic Templates implemented in Pharo

Carla F. Griggio
Hello!
Some months ago Germán Leiva and I did a project for the course "Introduction to Human Computer Interaction" at Université Paris-Sud where we had to implement an interaction technique, and we chose to implement Kinematic Templates in Pharo (or well, at least a little prototype). Maybe it's useful for somebody, so here's some info :)

The Kinematic Templates interaction technique suggests adjusting the user's mouse input to it tends to match a drawing template. That allows the user to draw in free-hand mode and obtain a "beautified" version of it's hand drawing. You can watch the original Kinematic Templates demo and read the paper.

This is a video of our implementation in Pharo. And here you have the report that we handed in for our evaluation too, which can be useful as documentation. In the report you can find links to videos that show the progress of the project.

BTW, it only works on MacOS, sorry for that :$ It's because we only dealt with the FFI calls to that OS in order to manipulate the mouse position.

To open the window for drawing with Kinematic Templates evaluate in a workspace:

KinematicWindow openExample

Cheers!
Carla

Re: Kinematic Templates implemented in Pharo

Guillermo Polito
Hi Lider!

The video is cooool :). Congratulations!

Some feedback :). I could not use it :$.
- I needed to download FFI first (and I did it and it loaded :),
- and then it needed a lot of image files I do not have in my disk, so it explodes while loading the icons, and the background images of the templates... Maybe then can be packaged somewhere...

Saludos!

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Carla F. Griggio <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Oops, good point! As we handed in the image for our project I didn't realize that. I'll fix it later! Thanks

Sent from my Windows Phone

Re: Kinematic Templates implemented in Pharo

stephane ducasse
You should have announced it.

I really get another pass on our event cleaning.

[...]

Thanks!
may be you should put everything in a single web page.