LDAP question

BrunoBB
Hi,

In the SysAdminGuide explain how to connect GemStone to a LDAP server...

System>>validatePasswordUsingLdapServers:baseDn:filterDn:userId:password:

aUriArray - #('ldap://ipaddress:389') ???

But where i can provide the password of the LDAP connection ?

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] LDAP question

Dale Henrichs-3
Bruno,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but we need a bit of clarification:

  Do you mean that your LDAP server requires a password to do a bind
  (and does not support anonymous binds?)

Dale

| In the SysAdminGuide explain how to connect GemStone to a LDAP
| server...
|
| System>>validatePasswordUsingLdapServers:baseDn:filterDn:userId:password:
|
| aUriArray - #('ldap://ipaddress:389') ???
|
| But where i can provide the password of the LDAP connection ?
|
| Regards,
| Bruno

Re: [Glass] LDAP question

BrunoBB
Hi Dale,

Thank for the answer.

I just arrived from holidays, i will check the anonymous bind on Monday at work.

Our LDAP is a TIM and TAM server. I'm not a LDAP expert so, i will find out at work.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] LDAP question

BrunoBB
Hi Dale,

The LDAP does support anonymous binds, but there is a "security rule" that not allow anonymous binds.

Here i have two options:
1- Wait until GemStone add LDAP connection with user and password for the bind.
2- Integrate my Seaside app with Single sign on application.

The second will prevail in the future. So i think i will go this way.

Once a HTTP request is sent to Seaside application, the SSO (single sign on) catch this request, if the user is not logged then re-direct to login page.
After the login is sucessfull the SSO add a header with the user to the original HTTP request and redirect it to Seaside application.

I'm not Seaside expert but i think is possible to catch the HTTP request and get the user from the header (inserted by SSO). There is no need to connect to LDAP directly.

Regards,
Bruno