LDAPlayer

Olivier Auverlot
Hi,

I have uploaded today an updated version of LDAPlayer with some minor
corrections for Pharo 1.1.1. All seems work perfectly. If you need an
LDAP connector for Pharo, it's a good solution.

I will try to produce a tutorial in the next days.

http://www.squeaksource.com/@I6MXr0KZ8IlD2Fnn/CKF0ucuM

Best regards
Olivier ;-)

www.auverlot.fr

Re: LDAPlayer

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks olivier.
This is good to have that.
Could you check if this is working in 1.2 because we do not really want to continue fixing 1.1.1 but better focuse on 1.2 and 1.3?
Then could you open a ticket for your changes/fixes to the bug tracker.

Stef

On Mar 3, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Olivier Auverlot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded today an updated version of LDAPlayer with some minor corrections for Pharo 1.1.1. All seems work perfectly. If you need an LDAP connector for Pharo, it's a good solution.
>
> I will try to produce a tutorial in the next days.
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/@I6MXr0KZ8IlD2Fnn/CKF0ucuM
>
> Best regards
> Olivier ;-)
>
> www.auverlot.fr

Re: LDAPlayer

abergel
Just in case it was not clear for some people (like me :-)
"LDPA is an application protocol for reading and editing directories over an IP network.[1] Adirectory in this sense is an organized set of records: for example, a telephone directory is an alphabetical list of persons and organizations with an address and phone number in each "record"."

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 3 Mar 2011, at 07:34, Olivier Auverlot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded today an updated version of LDAPlayer with some minor corrections for Pharo 1.1.1. All seems work perfectly. If you need an LDAP connector for Pharo, it's a good solution.
>
> I will try to produce a tutorial in the next days.
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/@I6MXr0KZ8IlD2Fnn/CKF0ucuM
>
> Best regards
> Olivier ;-)
>
> www.auverlot.fr

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: LDAPlayer

Olivier

what is the difference with the package

Fixes:
- Remove undocumented, untested, and unnecessary class Ldap
- Fix broken handling of exception codes
- Simplify some needlessly complex code

Read more…

Stef
On Mar 3, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Olivier Auverlot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded today an updated version of LDAPlayer with some minor corrections for Pharo 1.1.1. All seems work perfectly. If you need an LDAP connector for Pharo, it's a good solution.
>
> I will try to produce a tutorial in the next days.
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/@I6MXr0KZ8IlD2Fnn/CKF0ucuM
>
> Best regards
> Olivier ;-)
>
> www.auverlot.fr

LDAP-ar.49.mcz (49K) Download Attachment

Re: LDAPlayer

olivier what is the project path?

On Mar 3, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Olivier Auverlot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded today an updated version of LDAPlayer with some minor corrections for Pharo 1.1.1. All seems work perfectly. If you need an LDAP connector for Pharo, it's a good solution.
>
> I will try to produce a tutorial in the next days.
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/@I6MXr0KZ8IlD2Fnn/CKF0ucuM
>
> Best regards
> Olivier ;-)
>
> www.auverlot.fr

Re: LDAPlayer

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Olivier,

Have you addressed senders of #or:or: and/or similar messages?  They are missing in Pharo and have caused problems for me.  Taking the coward's way out, I just added the needed methods, but if you are updating the package, it would be nice to have code that will work in both Squeak and Pharo.

Bill

Le 3 mars 2011 à 19:17, Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :

olivier what is the project path?

On Mar 3, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Olivier Auverlot wrote:

Hi,

I have uploaded today an updated version of LDAPlayer with some minor corrections for Pharo 1.1.1. All seems work perfectly. If you need an LDAP connector for Pharo, it's a good solution.

I will try to produce a tutorial in the next days.

http://www.squeaksource.com/@I6MXr0KZ8IlD2Fnn/CKF0ucuM

Best regards
Olivier ;-)

www.auverlot.fr<http://www.auverlot.fr>

Re: LDAPlayer

Marcus Denker-4

On Mar 3, 2011, at 9:54 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Olivier,
>
> Have you addressed senders of #or:or: and/or similar messages?  They are missing in Pharo and have caused problems for me.

they are just deprecatd. turn off deprecation --> should work.

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: LDAPlayer

Olivier

I checked your changes as well as the changes of Andreas and he is right.
No need to keep the old code with comment.
And he fixed some problem in the error handling and also removed the Ldap class
which was full of french :)

So all in all you got a better version.
A tutorial would be nice.

Stef

> http://www.squeaksource.com/LDAPlayer/
>
> Le 3 mars 2011 à 19:17, Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>
>> olivier what is the project path?
>>
>> On Mar 3, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Olivier Auverlot wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have uploaded today an updated version of LDAPlayer with some minor corrections for Pharo 1.1.1. All seems work perfectly. If you need an LDAP connector for Pharo, it's a good solution.
>>>
>>> I will try to produce a tutorial in the next days.
>>>
>>> http://www.squeaksource.com/@I6MXr0KZ8IlD2Fnn/CKF0ucuM
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Olivier ;-)
>>>
>>> www.auverlot.fr

Re: LDAPlayer

Olivier Auverlot
I just finished to validate the last version of LDAPlayer with Pharo
1.2rc2. It seems to do its work ;-)

Olivier
www.auverlot.fr