Last pending things for Pharo 1.2

Mariano Martinez Peck
So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:

1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is, ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we should NOT use or depend on #development versions.
2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and "pharo prepared vms". There are some issues regarding this...
3) Write down all the things/summary done in Pharo 1.2
5) Update  SystemVersion current -->> Pharo1.2rc2 of 27 January 2011 update 12340
6) Condense sources? condense changes?  #cleanUpForRelease

Cheers

Mariano

Re: Last pending things for Pharo 1.2

Noury Bouraqadi-2
7) unload SimpleMorphic (see my previous mail)
On 12 mars 2011, at 20:19, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:
>
> 1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is, ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we should NOT use or depend on #development versions.
> 2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and "pharo prepared vms". There are some issues regarding this...
> 3) Write down all the things/summary done in Pharo 1.2
> 5) Update  SystemVersion current -->> Pharo1.2rc2 of 27 January 2011 update 12340
> 6) Condense sources? condense changes?  #cleanUpForRelease
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

Noury Bouraqadi
http://car.mines-douai.fr/noury
--
-6th National Conference on
“Control Architecture of Robots”

-19th ESUG International Smalltalk Conference
22-26 August 2011, Edinburgh, UK
http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2011

-19èmes Journées Francophones sur les Systèmes Multi-Agents (JFSMA’11)
http://www.univ-valenciennes.fr/congres/jfsma2011/
17-19 Octobre 2011, Valenciennes, France

Re: [Pharo-users] Last pending things for Pharo 1.2

Guillermo Polito

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:

1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is, ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we should NOT use or depend on #development versions.

I'll take a look at this...  I had two weeks without programming, and I can't sleep now without doing something :P

Mariano

On Mar 12, 2011, at 8:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:
>
> 1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is, ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we should NOT use or depend on #development versions.

mariano can you have a look at 1)

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:19 AM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:

1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is, ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we should NOT use or depend on #development versions.

I'll take a look at this...  I had two weeks without programming, and I can't sleep now without doing something :P

please, be my guest :)

2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and "pharo prepared vms". There are some issues regarding this...
3) Write down all the things/summary done in Pharo 1.2
5) Update  SystemVersion current -->> Pharo1.2rc2 of 27 January 2011 update 12340
6) Condense sources? condense changes?  #cleanUpForRelease

Cheers

Mariano

Re: [Pharo-users] Last pending things for Pharo 1.2

Marcus Denker-4

On Mar 13, 2011, at 4:35 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:

F***, MethodWrappers.Tests.ObjectAsOneTimeMethodWrapperTest.testInstallOnClassCategory  is broken again...  Is it failing randomly?  If so, can we remove that test? :(

It is failing randomly, yes. I thought I noted that in the original bug report?

Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [Pharo-users] Last pending things for Pharo 1.2

Guillermo Polito
Ok, I've blessed as release the version used in pharo dev from the following Configs:

ConfigurationOfPharoMorphicExtras
ConfigurationOfPharoNonCore
ConfigurationOfPharoSound
ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser
ConfigurationOfScriptManager
ConfigurationOfShout
ConfigurationOfXMLSupport
ConfigurationOfOCompletion
ConfigurationOfNile
ConfigurationOfObjectMetaTools

These ones were already blessed:

ConfigurationOfAutotest
ConfigurationOfProfStef
ConfigurationOfXMLWriter
ConfigurationOfAutomaticMethodCategorizer

These one left to be blessed:

ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser  (I'd like not to release it until we get that last issue fixed)
ConfigurationOfMemoryMonitor  (Alex, can the actual version be released?)
ConfigurationOfPharo (I'd like not to release it until everything is ready)

[...]

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks.

> Ok, I've blessed as release the version used in pharo dev from the following Configs:
>
> ConfigurationOfPharoMorphicExtras
> ConfigurationOfPharoNonCore
> ConfigurationOfPharoSound
> ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser
> ConfigurationOfScriptManager
> ConfigurationOfShout
> ConfigurationOfXMLSupport
> ConfigurationOfOCompletion
> ConfigurationOfNile
> ConfigurationOfObjectMetaTools
>

> These ones were already blessed:
>
> ConfigurationOfAutotest
> ConfigurationOfProfStef
> ConfigurationOfXMLWriter
> ConfigurationOfAutomaticMethodCategorizer
>

> These one left to be blessed:
>
> ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser  (I'd like not to release it until we get that last issue fixed)
> ConfigurationOfMemoryMonitor  (Alex, can the actual version be released?)
> ConfigurationOfPharo (I'd like not to release it until everything is ready)
>

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:19 AM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:
>
> 1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is, ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we should NOT use or depend on #development versions.
>
> I'll take a look at this...  I had two weeks without programming, and I can't sleep now without doing something :P
>
> please, be my guest :)
>

> 2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and "pharo prepared vms". There are some issues regarding this...
> 3) Write down all the things/summary done in Pharo 1.2
> 5) Update  SystemVersion current -->> Pharo1.2rc2 of 27 January 2011 update 12340
> 6) Condense sources? condense changes?  #cleanUpForRelease
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

Re: [Pharo-users] Last pending things for Pharo 1.2

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks Guille, perfect work :)

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
thanks.

> Ok, I've blessed as release the version used in pharo dev from the following Configs:
>
> ConfigurationOfPharoMorphicExtras
> ConfigurationOfPharoNonCore
> ConfigurationOfPharoSound
> ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser
> ConfigurationOfScriptManager
> ConfigurationOfShout
> ConfigurationOfXMLSupport
> ConfigurationOfOCompletion
> ConfigurationOfNile
> ConfigurationOfObjectMetaTools
>

> These ones were already blessed:
>
> ConfigurationOfAutotest
> ConfigurationOfProfStef
> ConfigurationOfXMLWriter
> ConfigurationOfAutomaticMethodCategorizer
>

> These one left to be blessed:
>
> ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser  (I'd like not to release it until we get that last issue fixed)
> ConfigurationOfMemoryMonitor  (Alex, can the actual version be released?)
> ConfigurationOfPharo (I'd like not to release it until everything is ready)
>

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:19 AM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:
>
> 1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is, ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we should NOT use or depend on #development versions.
>
> I'll take a look at this...  I had two weeks without programming, and I can't sleep now without doing something :P
>
> please, be my guest :)
>

> 2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and "pharo prepared vms". There are some issues regarding this...
> 3) Write down all the things/summary done in Pharo 1.2
> 5) Update  SystemVersion current -->> Pharo1.2rc2 of 27 January 2011 update 12340
> 6) Condense sources? condense changes?  #cleanUpForRelease
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

Re: [Pharo-users] Last pending things for Pharo 1.2

abergel
> ConfigurationOfMemoryMonitor  (Alex, can the actual version be released?)

Hi Guillermo and Mariano,

The configuration hasn't changed for a long time. It has just been recently updated with symbolic version. So yes, it is probably okay to release it.

Mariano, you said that the default version is missing in the configuration. Why should I add one? Is there a dependency somewhere?

Mariano, I tried:
Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'Spy';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfSpy';
        load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSpy) load

In the last Pharo1.2 one click, and it works as expected. I cannot reproduce the problem you mentioned on Friday.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:

1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is, ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we should NOT use or depend on #development versions.

so...can someone check this is done?  GUillermo and me did it once...but it seems a lot of stuff was updated once again

2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and "pharo prepared vms". There are some issues regarding this...

Marcus, which is the status of this one ?

3) Write down all the things/summary done in Pharo 1.2

consider as done in nobody else comes with something better,

5) Update  SystemVersion current -->> Pharo1.2rc2 of 27 January 2011 update 12340

SystemVersion current ->> Pharo1.2.1 of 2 April 2011 update 12345

so..it is ok, isn't it ? can we forget this item ?

6) Condense sources? condense changes?  #cleanUpForRelease

Marcus, is that necessary ?

DEVImageCreator >> cleanUps

    ScriptLoader new cleanUpForRelease.
    "In Pharo 1.1 condenseChanges is VERY slow because of the new method trailers. So condensingChanges each time even when it is not needed is not a good idea anymore. So in case a condenseChanges is needed it should be done explicitly.
    Smalltalk condenseChanges."
    Smalltalk garbageCollect.

I did that and I put that comment. Now that they are faster and that we have Hudson, should I put back the Smalltalk condenseChanges ?    is there anything else needed?  do we need a condenseSources ?

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

On Apr 4, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:

In general, for all pending things adding entries in the bug tracker is the only way ti make sure they are not forgotten.

1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is, ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we should NOT use or depend on #development versions.

so...can someone check this is done?  GUillermo and me did it once...but it seems a lot of stuff was updated once again

I just gave up and took the image yesterday. Like you did for 1.1: Just build it once, don't care that it is repeatable.

2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and "pharo prepared vms". There are some issues regarding this...

Marcus, which is the status of this one ?

I updated the one-click image with the last cog VM.

For the one-click, it is identical to 1.1 with the only change that I put the windows VM I got from Torsten.

[...]

CondenseChange and CondenseSource is broken right now.

Marcus

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Apr 4, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
So....here is the list of things I guess are pending:

In general, for all pending things adding entries in the bug tracker is the only way ti make sure they are not forgotten.

1) "Release" all configurations included in Pharo (this is, ConfigurationOfPharo and all it dependencies). I mean, we should NOT use or depend on #development versions.

so...can someone check this is done?  GUillermo and me did it once...but it seems a lot of stuff was updated once again

I just gave up and took the image yesterday. Like you did for 1.1: Just build it once, don't care that it is repeatable.

Sorry, I didn't understand. The Pharo 1.1 was repeatable (in the same core) since all the Metacello versions were frozen.

2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and "pharo prepared vms". There are some issues regarding this...

Marcus, which is the status of this one ?

I updated the one-click image with the last cog VM.

For the one-click, it is identical to 1.1 with the only change that I put the windows VM I got from Torsten.

But 1.1 was not-Cog  (Cog 1.1.1 was cog). So...we are shipping the Pharo One Click 1.2  with the Interpreter VM instead of Cog ?
or did you mean 1.1.1 ?  if so, it would be good to update to latest Cog. The cog version used for 1.1.1 had several problems (I think the run:with:in: crashes the image -> TestCoverage)

[...]

Ok, we can live withoput that :)

Marcus

On Apr 5, 2011, at 11:06 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

I just gave up and took the image yesterday. Like you did for 1.1: Just build it once, don't care that it is repeatable.

Sorry, I didn't understand. The Pharo 1.1 was repeatable (in the same core) since all the Metacello versions were frozen.

In 1.2 seemingly not, it changes by the phase of the moon what is loaded. Yes... someone needs to look at that. Somone
needed to look at that for months.

At the same time, 1.3 does not even had a build *ever*.

2) Update the one click image to use latest cog images and "pharo prepared vms". There are some issues regarding this...

Marcus, which is the status of this one ?

I updated the one-click image with the last cog VM.

For the one-click, it is identical to 1.1 with the only change that I put the windows VM I got from Torsten.

But 1.1 was not-Cog  (Cog 1.1.1 was cog). So...we are shipping the Pharo One Click 1.2  with the Interpreter VM instead of Cog ?
or did you mean 1.1.1 ?  if so, it would be good to update to latest Cog. The cog version used for 1.1.1 had several problems (I think the run:with:in: crashes the image -> TestCoverage)

I updated the cog One-Click to the latest Cog vm released last week.

Yes, we need to have everthing build by Hudson automatically... but on the other hand, we need to release and not postpone forever.

We had 3 Months to fix everything, we did not, we would not fix in another 3 months.

Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [Pharo-users] Last pending things for Pharo 1.2

CdAB63
Em 05-04-2011 18:05, Mariano Martinez Peck escreveu:

[...]

In linux (Fedora 14) when using diacritics '`~^", cog messes inputs (at least pt_BR) and fail to interpret properly keyboard entries (like áéíóúàãõâê, etc). Thus typing ' + a won't give á but a?

It's not a pharo problem but it's cog one. I suggest traditional vm is hold in use while cog don't address these input methods problem.