Lateral Menu Question and others

BrunoBB
Janko,

First of all congratulations for AIDA framework, it?s excellent. I?m
starting to use it with Dolphin Smalltalk.

I have analyzed Seaside and Aida and I have selected Aida (Seaside it?s very
good too, but I feel more confortable with Aida).

There?s a lot of question in my mind (only two this time):

1. Lateral menu question:

            It?s possible to have a collapse and expand behavior in the
Menu? I want to show only one expanded menu at the same time.

            (see picture below this mail)

2. Does Aida has integration with WebServices (to call and build) ?

            If not I can help on this in my free time because in the future
I will need these features, and I will work on this to build these features.

So I?m willing to help you in Dolphin version of Aida and (after a deeper
study of Aida) adding new components and features. Of course if you want it
!.

My Smalltalk background:

8 years of Smalltalk experience (most in Dolphin since 1999), my major
contribution to the community was the port of the GemBuilder (GemStone/S
client) to Dolphin.

Again congratulations for this excellent framework and for share it with all
of us.

Best Regards,

Bruno

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:50

Lateral Menu Question and others

Janko Mivšek
Hi Bruno

Bruno Buzzi Brassesco wrote:
> First of all congratulations for AIDA framework, it?s excellent. I?m
> starting to use it with Dolphin Smalltalk.

Thank you for congratulations and welcome aboard!

Just keep in mind that Dolphin version is a bit behind Squeak and VW, it
is v5.0 I think. I'm looking for someone to help maintain a Dolphin port

> I have analyzed Seaside and Aida and I have selected Aida (Seaside it?s
> very good too, but I feel more confortable with Aida).

Can you tell us a word or two more about reasons why you are comfortable
with Aida?

> 1. Lateral menu question:
>
> It?s possible to have a collapse and expand behavior in the
> Menu? I want to show only one expanded menu at the same time.

Making navigation area with such menus is my long wish and I did
quite some thinking about yet. I would do:

1. simplest way: make a submenu as separate WebElement in separate
method. Then toggle (show/hide) that element on click to menu. Something
  like that:

menu add: ((WebLink text: 'ACCOUNTS' linkTo: 'javascript:nic()')
             onClickToggle: self submenuElement)

2. as a standalone navigation component, which Ajax update itself and
especially remember what is expanded and what not, which above one won't.

> 2. Does Aida has integration with WebServices (to call and build)?

Do you mean a WebServices server to accept WS calls? I think this can be
easily done by redirecting those calls in AIDASite #answerTo: to you WS
stack.

> If not I can help on this in my free time because in the
> future I will need these features, and I will work on this to build
> these features.

You are very welcome to do this and help us make Aida even better!

> So I?m willing to help you in Dolphin version of Aida and (after a
> deeper study of Aida) adding new components and features. Of course if
> you want it !.

Definitively! Can I ask you then to become a maintainer of Dolphin port?

> My Smalltalk background:
>
> 8 years of Smalltalk experience (most in Dolphin since 1999), my major
> contribution to the community was the port of the GemBuilder (GemStone/S
> client) to Dolphin.

Perfect, grasping Aida will therefore be just a simple exercise for you :)

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Lateral Menu Question and others

BrunoBB

>Can you tell us a word or two more about reasons why you are comfortable
>with Aida?

It was really fast to build a simple web site and Aida do not have the
problem of "Dead Process" (Seaside with continuations has a lot of running
process, I do not like this). It was easy to me to understand the basic of
Aida.

>Do you mean a WebServices server to accept WS calls? I think this can be
>easily done by redirecting those calls in AIDASite #answerTo: to you WS
>stack.

(Both as WebServices server and client)
In the future i will try this.

> Definitively! Can I ask you then to become a maintainer of Dolphin port?

Yes.
Only i need is the .PST file of Aida for Visual Works to import VW parcels.
(I can do that using STS of Dolphin)

If I do any enhancement I will post it in this list.

Regards,
Bruno

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:44

Aida on Dolphin

Janko Mivšek
Hi Bruno,

Bruno Buzzi Brassesco wrote:
>> Definitively! Can I ask you then to become a maintainer of Dolphin port?
>
> Yes.
> Only i need is the .PST file of Aida for Visual Works to import VW parcels.
> (I can do that using STS of Dolphin)

That's just perfect! Please find attached some fileout which is supposed
to be in Dolphin 4.0 format, but I'm not sure. If it won't work then
I'll send you plain VW parcels.

I'm already looking forward for good results ....

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Aida on Dolphin

Janko Mivšek
Hi Bruno,

How is Dolphin port going? Have you any troubles?

Best regards
JAnko

Janko Miv?ek wrote:
>>> Can I ask you then to become a maintainer of Dolphin port?
>>
>> Yes. Only i need is the .PST file of Aida for Visual Works to import
>> VW parcels.
>> (I can do that using STS of Dolphin)
>
> That's just perfect! Please find attached some fileout which is supposed
> to be in Dolphin 4.0 format, but I'm not sure. If it won't work then
> I'll send you plain VW parcels.

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Aida on Dolphin

BrunoBB
Janko,

I do not start yet, i'm just playing around to gain more knowledge on Aida.
I will start soon (I think next weekend) and will let you know my results.

Janko Miv?ek wrote:
>>> Can I ask you then to become a maintainer of Dolphin port?
>>
>> Yes. Only i need is the .PST file of Aida for Visual Works to import
>> VW parcels.
>> (I can do that using STS of Dolphin)
>
> That's just perfect! Please find attached some fileout which is supposed
> to be in Dolphin 4.0 format, but I'm not sure. If it won't work then
> I'll send you plain VW parcels.

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:23

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:23

Aida on Dolphin

BrunoBB
Janko,

Can you send me the Visual Works Parcel?
(parcel.PST files)

Regards
Bruno

>> Definitively! Can I ask you then to become a maintainer of Dolphin port?
>
> Yes.
> Only i need is the .PST file of Aida for Visual Works to import VW
parcels.
> (I can do that using STS of Dolphin)

That's just perfect! Please find attached some fileout which is supposed
to be in Dolphin 4.0 format, but I'm not sure. If it won't work then
I'll send you plain VW parcels.

I'm already looking forward for good results ....

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

11:31

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
15:04

Aida on Dolphin

Janko Mivšek
Hi Bruno,

I hope that now it will be easier for you to port. If you'll have any
troubles, let me know.

Best regards
Janko