Latest OB, category autocompletion does always a lowercase

Latest OB, category autocompletion does always a lowercase

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi. In the latest OB code, when I put "add category" to a method, and I start to type...it automatically finds several categories, but it always put lowercase to the name.
For example, I have Package called *MyApp  and I want to create a method category for that....when I type, the option showed is *myapp
Would be great if this is case sensitive.

Cheers

Mariano

Re: Latest OB, category autocompletion does always a lowercase

Lukas Renggli
Protocols are lowercase by convention, that's why it suggests only
lowercase variants. You can still manually type something uppercase of
course.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Protocols are lowercase by convention,

But is this still true for packages extensions??  I always keep case sensitive for *MyPackage (I think this is because before monticello have problems with this)

Maybe just a little change that for those categories with * it doesn't apply the lowercase would be nice.

that's why it suggests only
lowercase variants. You can still manually type something uppercase of
course.

yes, sure.

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Protocols are lowercase by convention,
> But is this still true for packages extensions??  I always keep case sensitive for *MyPackage (I think this is because before monticello have problems with this)

PackageInfo always matched category names case-sensitive and protocols
case-insensitive.

> Maybe just a little change that for those categories with * it doesn't apply the lowercase would be nice.

The way it currently works is intentional. It helps people to adhere
to the convention and reduces future inconsistencies.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Latest OB, category autocompletion does always a lowercase

Tobias Pape
Am 2010-10-22 um 14:48 schrieb Lukas Renggli:
> Protocols are lowercase by convention,[…]

Just wanted to add, that this depends on platform and
environment. For example, the GemStone protocols are
Initial Uppercase by default.
  Personally, I find extension protocols exactly matching
their packages more exact and clear, especially when I combine
them with actual "protocol names" as in:
*SqueakSource-Notification-Email-accessing

where “SqueakSource-Notification-Email” is the the package
and “accessing” the category I actually intend.

So Long,
        -Tobias