Latest PharoJS Success Story

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Latest PharoJS Success Story

N. Bouraqadi
The latest PharoJS-powered smartphone app is now live.
Development has been made using Pharo.
Then, javascript code is generated using PharoJS.
Last, the app is built to target both iOS and Android thanks to Apache Cordova.

Learn more and Download at
https://nootrix.com/projects/brain-treats-app/

Noury
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Latest PharoJS Success Story

Steve Quezadas
Does Apache cordova drain a lot of battery from the phone?

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 10:19 AM N. Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
The latest PharoJS-powered smartphone app is now live.
Development has been made using Pharo.
Then, javascript code is generated using PharoJS.
Last, the app is built to target both iOS and Android thanks to Apache Cordova.

Learn more and Download at
https://nootrix.com/projects/brain-treats-app/

Noury
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Latest PharoJS Success Story

Tim Mackinnon
In reply to this post by N. Bouraqadi
Hey - that’s really cool. Simple, but certainly inspired me... thanks for pushing on this!


Sent from my iPhone



Sent from my iPhone

> On 28 Jan 2020, at 18:18, N. Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The latest PharoJS-powered smartphone app is now live.
> Development has been made using Pharo.
> Then, javascript code is generated using PharoJS.
> Last, the app is built to target both iOS and Android thanks to Apache Cordova.
>
> Learn more and Download at
> https://nootrix.com/projects/brain-treats-app/
>
> Noury


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Latest PharoJS Success Story

tbrunz
Indeed.  I've already reposted it, on my firm's inside chat tool (Slack), and
just got someone new interested in Pharo, from the middle of a discussion on
the confusion JavaScript is famous for:  

"This is my first time hearing of Pharo."

followed by (after reading my links to PharoJS and your post):

"Joined.  I'd say I'm Smalltalk curious."

So, another one has joined my Pharo Slack channel, and is looking forward to
some demos and tutoring to get started...

Thanks, Nouri!





--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Latest PharoJS Success Story

N. Bouraqadi
In reply to this post by Steve Quezadas
No. It does not. At least I didn't notice.

On 28 Jan 2020, at 22:06, Steve Quezadas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does Apache cordova drain a lot of battery from the phone?

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 10:19 AM N. Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
The latest PharoJS-powered smartphone app is now live.
Development has been made using Pharo.
Then, javascript code is generated using PharoJS.
Last, the app is built to target both iOS and Android thanks to Apache Cordova.

Learn more and Download at
https://nootrix.com/projects/brain-treats-app/

Noury

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Latest PharoJS Success Story

EstebanLM
Very cool Noury!

Ps: I’m waiting it to run on P8 ;)

On 29 Jan 2020, at 13:19, N. Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:

No. It does not. At least I didn't notice.

On 28 Jan 2020, at 22:06, Steve Quezadas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does Apache cordova drain a lot of battery from the phone?

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 10:19 AM N. Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
The latest PharoJS-powered smartphone app is now live.
Development has been made using Pharo.
Then, javascript code is generated using PharoJS.
Last, the app is built to target both iOS and Android thanks to Apache Cordova.

Learn more and Download at
https://nootrix.com/projects/brain-treats-app/

Noury


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Latest PharoJS Success Story

N. Bouraqadi
Sure :-)

On 29 Jan 2020, at 14:06, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Very cool Noury!

Ps: I’m waiting it to run on P8 ;)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Latest PharoJS Success Story

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
In reply to this post by N. Bouraqadi
Thanks a lot Noury. It's pretty inspiring.

There is any possibility to access the apk directly or via F-Droid, for
those of us who don't use Google services?

Thanks,

Offray

On 28/01/20 1:18 p. m., N. Bouraqadi wrote:
> The latest PharoJS-powered smartphone app is now live.
> Development has been made using Pharo.
> Then, javascript code is generated using PharoJS.
> Last, the app is built to target both iOS and Android thanks to Apache Cordova.
>
> Learn more and Download at
> https://nootrix.com/projects/brain-treats-app/
>
> Noury