Latest Polymorph

Gary Chambers-4
There is a new version of Polymorph on SqueakSource (Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.103) that supports a background morph for the world that resizes with the main window.

I guess the backgroundSketch/Form stuff can be removed (I reused the backgroundMorph inst var - no direct way of setting did remain, accessors now).

This can be used for background images (as requested):

E.g.

World backgroundMorph:
((UITheme builder
newAlphaImage: (ImageReadWriter formFromFileNamed: 'Watery 2.jpg') help: nil)
autoSize: false;
layout: #scaled;
lock)

(AlphaImageMorph supports a few layout positions/tiling/scaling, more could be added like aspect-maintaining scaling etc.)

Or could be helpful for deployed applications... set the background morph to your main UI morph, for instance.

Regards, Gary

Re: Latest Polymorph

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/2/4 GARY CHAMBERS <[hidden email]>
There is a new version of Polymorph on SqueakSource (Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.103) that supports a background morph for the world that resizes with the main window.

I guess the backgroundSketch/Form stuff can be removed (I reused the backgroundMorph inst var - no direct way of setting did remain, accessors now).

This can be used for background images (as requested):

E.g.

World backgroundMorph:
((UITheme builder
newAlphaImage: (ImageReadWriter formFromFileNamed: 'Watery 2.jpg') help: nil)
autoSize: false;
layout: #scaled;
lock)

(AlphaImageMorph supports a few layout positions/tiling/scaling, more could be added like aspect-maintaining scaling etc.)

Gary: let me say it: you are my hero!!!!  hahahaha

Please please please can someone with a notebook and a good screen test this with the Pharo picture I used in the RC2?

I attach here the picrture. Please tell me if it works so that to know if I continue including it or not.

Or could be helpful for deployed applications... set the background morph to your main UI morph, for instance.

Thanks cool. There is just someone in another thread that is asking for something similar to this :)

Regards, Gary

pharoBackground.png (242K) Download Attachment

Re: Latest Polymorph

Alain Plantec-4
Cool, thanks Gary!
I guess I have to review some settings now.
Cheers
Alain

GARY CHAMBERS a écrit :

> There is a new version of Polymorph on SqueakSource
> (Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.103) that supports a background morph for the
> world that resizes with the main window.
>
> I guess the backgroundSketch/Form stuff can be removed (I reused the
> backgroundMorph inst var - no direct way of setting did remain,
> accessors now).
>
> This can be used for background images (as requested):
>
> E.g.
>
> World backgroundMorph:
> ((UITheme builder
> newAlphaImage: (ImageReadWriter formFromFileNamed: 'Watery 2.jpg')
> help: nil)
> autoSize: false;
> layout: #scaled;
> lock)
>
> (AlphaImageMorph supports a few layout positions/tiling/scaling, more
> could be added like aspect-maintaining scaling etc.)
>
> Or could be helpful for deployed applications... set the background
> morph to your main UI morph, for instance.
>
> Regards, Gary

Re: Latest Polymorph

Stéphane Ducasse
;)

On Feb 4, 2010, at 3:01 PM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> Cool, thanks Gary!
> I guess I have to review some settings now.
> Cheers
> Alain
>
> GARY CHAMBERS a écrit :
>> There is a new version of Polymorph on SqueakSource
>> (Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.103) that supports a background morph for the
>> world that resizes with the main window.
>>
>> I guess the backgroundSketch/Form stuff can be removed (I reused the
>> backgroundMorph inst var - no direct way of setting did remain,
>> accessors now).
>>
>> This can be used for background images (as requested):
>>
>> E.g.
>>
>> World backgroundMorph:
>> ((UITheme builder
>> newAlphaImage: (ImageReadWriter formFromFileNamed: 'Watery 2.jpg')
>> help: nil)
>> autoSize: false;
>> layout: #scaled;
>> lock)
>>
>> (AlphaImageMorph supports a few layout positions/tiling/scaling, more
>> could be added like aspect-maintaining scaling etc.)
>>
>> Or could be helpful for deployed applications... set the background
>> morph to your main UI morph, for instance.
>>
>> Regards, Gary

Re: Latest Polymorph

soon in 1.1 :)

On Feb 4, 2010, at 1:31 PM, GARY CHAMBERS wrote:

> There is a new version of Polymorph on SqueakSource (Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.103) that supports a background morph for the world that resizes with the main window.
>
> I guess the backgroundSketch/Form stuff can be removed (I reused the backgroundMorph inst var - no direct way of setting did remain, accessors now).
>
> This can be used for background images (as requested):
>
> E.g.
>
> World backgroundMorph:
> ((UITheme builder
> newAlphaImage: (ImageReadWriter formFromFileNamed: 'Watery 2.jpg') help: nil)
> autoSize: false;
> layout: #scaled;
> lock)
>
> (AlphaImageMorph supports a few layout positions/tiling/scaling, more could be added like aspect-maintaining scaling etc.)
>
> Or could be helpful for deployed applications... set the background morph to your main UI morph, for instance.
>
> Regards, Gary

Re: Latest Polymorph

Richard Durr-2
Would'nt it be possible to set the background color to transparent so
that you could have squeak windows directly on the desktop?

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> soon in 1.1 :)
>

> On Feb 4, 2010, at 1:31 PM, GARY CHAMBERS wrote:
>
>> There is a new version of Polymorph on SqueakSource (Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.103) that supports a background morph for the world that resizes with the main window.
>>
>> I guess the backgroundSketch/Form stuff can be removed (I reused the backgroundMorph inst var - no direct way of setting did remain, accessors now).
>>
>> This can be used for background images (as requested):
>>
>> E.g.
>>
>> World backgroundMorph:
>>       ((UITheme builder
>>               newAlphaImage: (ImageReadWriter formFromFileNamed: 'Watery 2.jpg') help: nil)
>>               autoSize: false;
>>               layout: #scaled;
>>               lock)
>>
>> (AlphaImageMorph supports a few layout positions/tiling/scaling, more could be added like aspect-maintaining scaling etc.)
>>
>> Or could be helpful for deployed applications... set the background morph to your main UI morph, for instance.
>>
>> Regards, Gary

Transparent World

Fernando olivero
The last time i tried this,

I found out that the LinuxVM is the only one that would accept transparency in the world.

Just try out the HoleLW widget in the CUIS image . It does not work with windows or mac vms.

John,  is this correct for the Mac VM's?

Fernando

On Feb 7, 2010, at 1:32 PM, Richard Durr wrote:

> Would'nt it be possible to set the background color to transparent so
> that you could have squeak windows directly on the desktop?
>
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1936
>>
>> soon in 1.1 :)
>>

>> On Feb 4, 2010, at 1:31 PM, GARY CHAMBERS wrote:
>>
>>> There is a new version of Polymorph on SqueakSource (Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.103) that supports a background morph for the world that resizes with the main window.
>>>
>>> I guess the backgroundSketch/Form stuff can be removed (I reused the backgroundMorph inst var - no direct way of setting did remain, accessors now).
>>>
>>> This can be used for background images (as requested):
>>>
>>> E.g.
>>>
>>> World backgroundMorph:
>>>       ((UITheme builder
>>>               newAlphaImage: (ImageReadWriter formFromFileNamed: 'Watery 2.jpg') help: nil)
>>>               autoSize: false;
>>>               layout: #scaled;
>>>               lock)
>>>
>>> (AlphaImageMorph supports a few layout positions/tiling/scaling, more could be added like aspect-maintaining scaling etc.)
>>>
>>> Or could be helpful for deployed applications... set the background morph to your main UI morph, for instance.
>>>
>>> Regards, Gary

Re: Latest Polymorph

Igor Stasenko
On 7 February 2010 14:32, Richard Durr <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Would'nt it be possible to set the background color to transparent so
> that you could have squeak windows directly on the desktop?

No. At least on Windoze(tm) this is not possible without substantional
changes in VM.

> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1936
>>
>> soon in 1.1 :)
>>

>> On Feb 4, 2010, at 1:31 PM, GARY CHAMBERS wrote:
>>
>>> There is a new version of Polymorph on SqueakSource (Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.103) that supports a background morph for the world that resizes with the main window.
>>>
>>> I guess the backgroundSketch/Form stuff can be removed (I reused the backgroundMorph inst var - no direct way of setting did remain, accessors now).
>>>
>>> This can be used for background images (as requested):
>>>
>>> E.g.
>>>
>>> World backgroundMorph:
>>>       ((UITheme builder
>>>               newAlphaImage: (ImageReadWriter formFromFileNamed: 'Watery 2.jpg') help: nil)
>>>               autoSize: false;
>>>               layout: #scaled;
>>>               lock)
>>>
>>> (AlphaImageMorph supports a few layout positions/tiling/scaling, more could be added like aspect-maintaining scaling etc.)
>>>
>>> Or could be helpful for deployed applications... set the background morph to your main UI morph, for instance.
>>>
>>> Regards, Gary

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.