Latest VisualWorks Glorp Version with Sources

Latest VisualWorks Glorp Version with Sources

Esteban A. Maringolo
I downloaded the latest VW version from Cincom's website, and looking
at the source code of Glorp classes and methods the variables are
decompiled as t1, t2, t3 and so on, making the source code hard to
read.

Is it like this by design or was it a faulty build process from Cincom side?

The sources of VW are okay, because classes from other packages have
its source code OK.

Esteban A. Maringolo

APPENDIX: The code is shown as follows.

printBasicSQLOn: t1 withParameters: t2 forSelect: t3
    " ***This is decompiled code.***
    This may reflect a problem with the configuration of your image
and its sources and changes files.
    Please refer to the documentation and the settings tool for help
in setting up the proper source
code files."

    t1 nextPutAll: self castFunctionName; nextPut: $(.
    t3
        ifTrue: [base printSelectSQLOn: t1 withParameters: t2]
        ifFalse: [base printSQLOn: t1 withParameters: t2].
    t1 nextPut: $).
    alias notNil ifTrue: [t1 nextPutAll: ' AS '; nextPutAll: alias].
    ^self

RE: Latest VisualWorks Glorp Version with Sources

Maarten Mostert

Go to Settings then system and hit the button paste current.

This will set the correct home directory making the sources in sync with the image.

Regards,

@+Maarten,

> "Esteban A. Maringolo" <[hidden email]> |

> I downloaded the latest VW version from Cincom's website, and looking

> at the source code of Glorp classes and methods the variables are
> decompiled as t1, t2, t3 and so on, making the source code hard to
> read.
>
> Is it like this by design or was it a faulty build process from Cincom side?
>
> The sources of VW are okay, because classes from other packages have
> its source code OK.
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo
>

> APPENDIX: The code is shown as follows.
>
> printBasicSQLOn: t1 withParameters: t2 forSelect: t3
> " ***This is decompiled code.***
> This may reflect a problem with the configuration of your image
> and its sources and changes files.
> Please refer to the documentation and the settings tool for help
> in setting up the proper source
> code files."
>
> t1 nextPutAll: self castFunctionName; nextPut: $(.
> t3
> ifTrue: [base printSelectSQLOn: t1 withParameters: t2]
> ifFalse: [base printSQLOn: t1 withParameters: t2].
> t1 nextPut: $).
> alias notNil ifTrue: [t1 nextPutAll: ' AS '; nextPutAll: alias].
> ^self

Re: Latest VisualWorks Glorp Version with Sources

Esteban A. Maringolo
> Go to Settings then system and hit the button paste current.

> This will set the correct home directory making the sources in sync with the
> image.

I did that before, and retried now, without luck.
I even copied the whole installation directory into the image directory, without luck either.

For some reason the Glorp parcel is missing in both the project (image) directory and the installation directory.

Imágenes integradas 1

Re: Latest VisualWorks Glorp Version with Sources

Maarten Mostert

Yes the question mark is no good, grab it from the public store or do a customized installation.

@+Maarten,

> "Esteban A. Maringolo" <[hidden email]> |

> Go to Settings then system and hit the button paste current.

> This will set the correct home directory making the sources in sync with the
> image.

I did that before, and retried now, without luck.
I even copied the whole installation directory into the image directory, without luck either.
For some reason the Glorp parcel is missing in both the project (image) directory and the installation directory.
Imágenes integradas 1

Re: Latest VisualWorks Glorp Version with Sources

Esteban A. Maringolo
I expanded the zipped tarball of Glorp from the installation CD to the installation directory and it works now.

Apparently there is a bug in the installation of VW.

Thanks for your support.

Esteban A. Maringolo