Latest browsers and Prototype

1 message Options

Latest browsers and Prototype

Herbert König
Hi,

checking with FF4 and IE9 I noticed Aida uses a Prototype version from
September 2009.

Is there a reason not to use the current stable version of November
2010?

Reason: AidaCharts does not work with IE9 and the reason is not (as I
supposed) that excanvas.js is unnecessary now but something in
Prototype.

It seems that Prototype gets less used in Aida (and I second not
carrying 100K + js around) and AidaCharts depends on it (and I depend
on that). So right now I investigate Raphaeljs graphics library as an
alternative

I'm grateful for hints at other js grapics libraries as it seems like
debugging Prototype, Protochart and Aida is beyond my timeframe. And
Protochart seems mostly unmaintained these days.

Cheers,

Herbert                          mailto:[hidden email]