Launcher 1.2 External Processes Hang

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I tried to launch an image with Launcher 1.2. "Determining image version"
appeared, but the image didn't not launch.

I had launched this image previously before upgrading.
OS X 10.13.4

As a sanity check, I tried to run a few OSProcess commands, which all hung
as well:(PipeableOSProcess waitForCommand: 'ls') output.
(PipeableOSProcess waitForCommand: 'sleep 5').

Anyone else seeing this?

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Launcher 1.2 External Processes Hang

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> I tried to launch an image with Launcher 1.2. "Determining image version"
> appeared, but the image didn't not launch.

Fixed with `ThisOSProcess initialize`. Not sure why that was needed, but…

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Launcher 1.2 External Processes Hang

demarey
Hi Sean,

Thanks for the report.

> Le 24 juin 2018 à 14:58, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Sean P. DeNigris wrote
>> I tried to launch an image with Launcher 1.2. "Determining image version"
>> appeared, but the image didn't not launch.
>
> Fixed with `ThisOSProcess initialize`. Not sure why that was needed, but…

Strange indeed.
Did the hang only happened after a fresh install?
Could it be related to https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-launcher/issues/78?