Launcher and Pharo 6.1

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Is it safe to replace the Launcher VM with the one required for Pharo 6.1? I.e. is that VM backward compatible with a Pharo 6.0 image?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Launcher and Pharo 6.1

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Sean,

> On Jul 29, 2017, at 8:07 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is it safe to replace the Launcher VM with the one required for Pharo 6.1?
> I.e. is that VM backward compatible with a Pharo 6.0 image?

In general, Squeak/Pharo VMs are backwards compatible at least within a major version.

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Launcher and Pharo 6.1

EstebanLM
Hi,

Yes as Eliot said, it is safe. 6.1 just includes latest bug fixes from Eliot + a new version of libgit2

Esteban

> On 30 Jul 2017, at 05:59, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Sean,
>

>> On Jul 29, 2017, at 8:07 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Is it safe to replace the Launcher VM with the one required for Pharo 6.1?
>> I.e. is that VM backward compatible with a Pharo 6.0 image?
>
> In general, Squeak/Pharo VMs are backwards compatible at least within a major version.
>
>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean

Re: Launcher and Pharo 6.1

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
EstebanLM wrote
it is safe. 6.1
Great. Thanks, guys. I downloaded a new vm via `curl get.pharo.org/vm61 | bash` and it seems to be working fine with 6.0 images.
Cheers,
Sean