Launcher not launching

Jan Blizničenko
Hello

On Windows 10, I updated launcher from the one on
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/view/Launcher/job/Package-and-Publish-Launcher-stable-Win/
(1.0.1) to the one now on official website http://pharo.org/web/download
(1.1), but the new launcher does not open any images.
I can create, rename, remove images or do whatever with them, but they do no
launch ... their VM gets downloaded, launcher closes (if it is set to close
on launch - it does not close if not set so), then nothing - the image does
not open, no new Pharo.exe process in list of processes in Windows.
Tried disabling AV, (re)installing to different directory, selecting
different directories for images and vms, trying various Pharo versions
(from 3 to 7) of images, still nothing. It does not work with both old and
new images (downloaded by old working launcher or by this new one).
There are no exceptions, no crash dumps, nothing in stderr.

Those images can be opened by double clicking on them or by dragging and
dropping them on C:\Users\User\Documents\Pharo\vms\61-x86\Pharo.exe (or
similar - the same executable as Launcher should use). Also if I install
back the old launcher (1.0.1) again, it works.

The new launcher does not work on both of my machines (both Windows 10 that
are quite similar in config and installed applications).

For now, I will stick with 1.0.1, but I would like to find a reason for this
problem.
Thank you

Jan

Re: Launcher not launching

demarey
Hello,

> Le 25 avr. 2018 à 11:57, Jan Blizničenko <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hello
>
> On Windows 10, I updated launcher from the one on
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/view/Launcher/job/Package-and-Publish-Launcher-stable-Win/
> (1.0.1) to the one now on official website http://pharo.org/web/download
> (1.1), but the new launcher does not open any images.
> I can create, rename, remove images or do whatever with them, but they do no
> launch ... their VM gets downloaded, launcher closes (if it is set to close
> on launch - it does not close if not set so), then nothing - the image does
> not open, no new Pharo.exe process in list of processes in Windows.
> Tried disabling AV, (re)installing to different directory, selecting
> different directories for images and vms, trying various Pharo versions
> (from 3 to 7) of images, still nothing. It does not work with both old and
> new images (downloaded by old working launcher or by this new one).
> There are no exceptions, no crash dumps, nothing in stderr.
>
> Those images can be opened by double clicking on them or by dragging and
> dropping them on C:\Users\User\Documents\Pharo\vms\61-x86\Pharo.exe (or
> similar - the same executable as Launcher should use). Also if I install
> back the old launcher (1.0.1) again, it works.
>
> The new launcher does not work on both of my machines (both Windows 10 that
> are quite similar in config and installed applications).
>
> For now, I will stick with 1.0.1, but I would like to find a reason for this
> problem.

I think the problem is https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-launcher/issues/68
Could you try the latest version for windows? http://files.pharo.org/pharo-launcher/win-alpha/
I’m waiting to finish app signing on windows before publishing it.

Thanks for the report,
Christophe

Re: Launcher not launching

Jan Blizničenko
Hello

Thank you for quick reply. Yes, it seems like the same bug and the linked
current alpha version works fine. Switched to it and did not encounter even
any other problems so far. Thank you.

Regards,
Jan

demarey wrote