Layout & LayoutSpec editing

KenDickey
Well, I must admit my understanding of layouts is a bit weak.

I do get the basics, but ...

So I did simple editors for LayoutMorphs and LayoutSpecs.

You need the latest Morphic-Panels.pck.st and Morphic-ColorEditor.pck.st from Cuis-Smalltalk-BabySteps.

Load the Morphic-Panels.pck.st (it Requires the other package).

Now left-click to select any Morph, use its menu to edit its LayoutSpec.

Left-click on a LayoutMorph to select and use the menu to "Edit me", i.e. the LayoutSpec.

Simple editors, but shows a bit of what is going on.

Not bullet proof, but usable.  Bugs to me..

Cheers,
-KenD

LayoutEdit.png (169K) Download Attachment
-KenD

Re: Layout & LayoutSpec editing

garduino
Ver interesting! I will try asap.

And yes, to me at least, Morphic is the darkest part of Smalltalk.

2013/12/20 Ken Dickey <[hidden email]>
Well, I must admit my understanding of layouts is a bit weak.

I do get the basics, but ...

So I did simple editors for LayoutMorphs and LayoutSpecs.

You need the latest Morphic-Panels.pck.st and Morphic-ColorEditor.pck.st from Cuis-Smalltalk-BabySteps.

Load the Morphic-Panels.pck.st (it Requires the other package).

Now left-click to select any Morph, use its menu to edit its LayoutSpec.

Left-click on a LayoutMorph to select and use the menu to "Edit me", i.e. the LayoutSpec.

Simple editors, but shows a bit of what is going on.

Not bullet proof, but usable.  Bugs to me..

Cheers,
-KenD

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino