Learn Pharo - Not Working

ducasse
Sent from my iPhone
> On 3 Feb 2019, at 02:42, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:
>
> believe the default is to evaluate the whole line where the cursor is if
> nothing is selected.

That reminds me - while I fixed the senders/implementers search commands to intelligently look for the nearest selector to the cursor (in pharo7), I forgot about workspace evaluation - doit or printit should find the nearest complete expression (even if multiline) and evaluate that - unless you specifically highlight something. It makes it much more efficient to then examine things quickly.

Tim
I like the way is work now because I can super execute one line or multiple line.
Now what frustrates me is that Command-B does not automatically select the line.

I always wanted that
Command-B looks for implementors when the symbol is not a class
(if it is a class we get the class definition)

Command-M when the symbol is a class should do a Command-B
else a look for implementors

I think that now denis reintroduced the behavior I added long time ago and that was removed.
The glitch left is the missing automatic selection of the line :)

Re: Learn Pharo - Not Working

Tim Mackinnon

Sent from my iPhone
> On 3 Feb 2019, at 09:56, ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Now what frustrates me is that Command-B does not automatically select the line.

But why would you arbitrarily highlight a line? I was frustrated that with my cursor on a valid selector (or class, or parameter), selecting the whole line often resulted in an error?

Or are you simply suggesting that it should highlight  the expression it’s identified before doing the evaluation? I didn’t think of that, and it’s a good idea.

To be clearer - in a playground if you had:

5 + 4.

 ‘Hello’ size
    + 5 (cursor here)

What should meta-p do?

I would argue - print 10 not give an error?

This feels more in line with power of our tools right?

Tim