Learning Morphic

dougt
I am primarily interested in graphical shapes and bit maps (for fractals).  I want to put graphical shapes or bitmaps in a window or bordered area. I have not been very successful in finding documentation about how to do this in Morphic.  In contrast, I find the documentation for Roassal easy to find and to the point.  Perhaps someone could point me to Morphic documentation (or supply examples) on my area of interest that includes a lot of examples. Thanks.

Re: Learning Morphic

HilaireFernandes
In the Pharo by Example book there is one chapter about Morphic. It is a
good starter.

Regarding the use of Athens canvas there is no such doc. You can take a
look at the internal of Roassal or DrGeo or any package using Athens for
graphics rendering.

Morphic will be replaced by blocs

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Learning Morphic

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hello Doug

You pushed me to try and I rescued an implementation for the old Squeak.
I published it at:

MCHttpRepository
location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/StephaneDucasse/MandelBrotMorph/main'
user: ''
password: ''

MandelMorph2 example

If you want to improve it and implement others let me know I can give
write access to the repo.

Let me know if you have fun.

 MandelMorph2 new openInWindow

Stef

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 9:39 PM, T.D. Telford <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am primarily interested in graphical shapes and bit maps (for fractals).  I want to put graphical shapes or bitmaps in a window or bordered area. I have not been very successful in finding documentation about how to do this in Morphic.  In contrast, I find the documentation for Roassal easy to find and to the point.  Perhaps someone could point me to Morphic documentation (or supply examples) on my area of interest that includes a lot of examples. Thanks.

Re: Learning Morphic

Peter Uhnak
If what you are doing is an experiment or you want to play around with it, I would also recommend trying Bloc. https://github.com/pharo-graphics/Bloc

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Doug

You pushed me to try and I rescued an implementation for the old Squeak.
I published it at:

MCHttpRepository
location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/StephaneDucasse/MandelBrotMorph/main'
user: ''
password: ''

MandelMorph2 example

If you want to improve it and implement others let me know I can give
write access to the repo.

Let me know if you have fun.

 MandelMorph2 new openInWindow

Stef

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 9:39 PM, T.D. Telford <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am primarily interested in graphical shapes and bit maps (for fractals).  I want to put graphical shapes or bitmaps in a window or bordered area. I have not been very successful in finding documentation about how to do this in Morphic.  In contrast, I find the documentation for Roassal easy to find and to the point.  Perhaps someone could point me to Morphic documentation (or supply examples) on my area of interest that includes a lot of examples. Thanks.

Re: Learning Morphic

kilon.alios
You could look at my project ChronosManager, you can download from inside Pharo and it’s main repo is here with a screenshot that demonstrates what it is

Reading it’s code should give the info you seek , there are comments as well to help you

I am primarily interested in graphical shapes and bit maps (for fractals).  I want to put graphical shapes or bitmaps in a window or bordered area. I have not been very successful in finding documentation about how to do this in Morphic.  In contrast, I find the documentation for Roassal easy to find and to the point.  Perhaps someone could point me to Morphic documentation (or supply examples) on my area of interest that includes a lot of examples. Thanks.

Re: Learning Morphic

Stephan Eggermont-3
T.D. Telford <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Perhaps someone could point me to Morphic documentation (or supply
> examples) on my area of interest that includes a lot of examples. Thanks.

There are some screencasts with links to source starting at
https://vimeo.com/130781061

Stephan

Re: Learning Morphic

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

On 28/12/17 08:13, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
> T.D. Telford <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Perhaps someone could point me to Morphic documentation (or supply
>> examples) on my area of interest that includes a lot of examples. Thanks.
> There are some screencasts with links to source starting at
> https://vimeo.com/130781061
>
> Stephan

Stephan's screencasts are really good and they will give you an overview
of what is possible and which interesting experiments can be explored.

Cheers,

Offray