Learning Reef

Gastón Dall' Oglio
Hi Esteban, all.

I realized today that I want to do some time ago is something like what makes Reef :)

I googled Reef, and I get several links but I don't know if the contents are obsoletes... so, I ask Esteban if you can list some links to learn about Reef, indicate the correct code for load in the image, and if it run correctly in latest Pharo 1.4, and 2.0

Regards!

Re: Learning Reef

EstebanLM
Hi Gastón,

There is not much documentation (my fault, ha, I never find the time to finish it), and even that all documentation is more or less outdated... but you can find all what I have about reef at:

not much, but I'll be happy to help and try to answer any question.

Esteban

On Dec 28, 2012, at 6:04 PM, Gastón Dall' Oglio <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Esteban, all.

I realized today that I want to do some time ago is something like what makes Reef :)

I googled Reef, and I get several links but I don't know if the contents are obsoletes... so, I ask Esteban if you can list some links to learn about Reef, indicate the correct code for load in the image, and if it run correctly in latest Pharo 1.4, and 2.0

Regards!

Re: Learning Reef

Gastón Dall' Oglio
ok thank Esteban, I beggin look the pdf.

I get load Reef in a clean latest 1.4 image :) The problem to load was that I follow the indication in this page http://www.smallworks.com.ar/products/reef/ :

Gofer it
url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/estebanlm/Reef/main';
package: 'ConfigurationOfReef';
load.

(ConfigurationOfReef project version: #stable) load: 'ALL'.

but I get an exception "The symbolic version #stable is not defined in in ConfigurationOfReef for the curret platform"

But now I use the snippet in http://www.squeaksource.com/Reef.html and all load fine:

"This loads everything, including Seaside30 and JQueryWidgetBox"
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfReef) project version: #bleedingEdge) load: 'All'.

And you could add ConfigurationOfReef to Configuration Browser to do grow visibility of Reef ;)

Thanks again.

2012/12/28 Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>
[...]

oops! :p

yeah, I'll do that :)

On Dec 28, 2012, at 6:48 PM, Gastón Dall' Oglio <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

:)

PS: http://smallworks.com.ar/en/community/Reef/ do not showing correctly in Opera browser (but I know, we the users of Opera are too few to you worry about this haha), but I guess that is not your site in particular, the latest Pier template is showing bad in my Opera browser time ago. See: