Legacy / Classic IDE vs. Helios

Herby Vojčík
Hello!

To end the long agony over this topics, here is the official decision,
as a maintainer of Amber, after conversation with a few other people:

  - amber-smalltalk organisation will not support the legacy IDE
development. People are free to develop legacy IDE NG as their own fork,
maintaining it and publishing it.

  - IDE-related effort should be channeled to making Helios better -
leaner, faster, more intuitive, prettier.

Herby

Re: Legacy / Classic IDE vs. Helios

sebastianconcept
HI Herby,

I support you and all contributors in this decision.

One thing I would like to add is that it would have been nice of you if you had included me among those conversations you had with other people at least as a coutesy to my contributing efforts and personal and business interest in the well being of the Amber project and organization.

Obviously wasn't included in the decision process but since it's done, here is the data of the poll showing the quantity of active users and usage hours in pessimist and optimist estimations:

from mobile