Letting a site respond for all incoming connections

Letting a site respond for all incoming connections

Wouter Gazendam-2
Hi,

I'd like to start a swazoo site that responds on all incoming connections. Currently I've created a AnyMatchSiteIdentifier class that does that, but I've got the feeling that I'm missing something.

example:

    | ipServer |
    ipServer := Swazoo.SwazooServer singleton.
    site := ipServer siteNamed: self swazooSiteName.
    site isNil ifFalse: [ipServer removeSite: site].
    site := Swazoo.Site new name: self swazooSiteName.
    site uriPattern removeFirst.
    site uriPattern add: AnyMatchSiteIdentifier new.
    site
        host: 'localhost'
        ip: '-thishost-'
        port: self httpPort.
    ipServer addSite: site.
    site start

Thanks,

Wouter

Re: Letting a site respond for all incoming connections

Janko Mivšek
Hi Wouter,

That's interesting approach and because there are many requests for such
a "simple" Swazoo, let we try to make it together.

Best way to start is to put a breakpoint in
HTTPConnection>>getAndDispatchMessages and follow an url resolution (yes
I know, quite painstaking).

Another thing to do would a listening on all ip interfaces ...

That's for now. I'm looking for your results...
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Letting a site respond for all incoming connections

Wouter Gazendam-2
Currently Swazoo.AnyMatchSiteIdentifier subclasses Swazoo.SiteIdentifier, and I've implemented

Swazoo.AnyMatchSiteIdentifier>>match: anotherIdentifier
    ^true

and

Swazoo.AnyMatchSiteIdentifier >>valueMatch: aSiteIdentifier
    ^true

to make it work.

BTW, is Swazoo's main development in Squeak of VisualWorks?

Wouter

Wouter Gazendam wrote:

> Currently Swazoo.AnyMatchSiteIdentifier subclasses
> Swazoo.SiteIdentifier, and I've implemented
>
> Swazoo.AnyMatchSiteIdentifier>>match: anotherIdentifier
>     ^true
>
> and
>
> Swazoo.AnyMatchSiteIdentifier >>valueMatch: aSiteIdentifier
>     ^true
>
> to make it work.

Try to debug and follow url resolution to see how far that works. If you
  inspect SwazooServer singleton servers, what do you have? On which
ip:port this HTTP server run?

> BTW, is Swazoo's main development in Squeak of VisualWorks?

VisualWorks, but I'm porting to Squeak in "real-time", that is,
immediately after VW changes work.

Best regards
Janko