LibFFI/NB Cairo External Module Not Found debugging

LibFFI/NB Cairo External Module Not Found debugging

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

some Windows users are repeatedly running into Pharo failing to load Cairo library on Windows (see stack screenshot at the bottom).

The problem is that I have no idea how to even start debugging this.

Is there some documentation on how Pharo loads libraries via FFI on Windows that I can start digging into?

Note that the library is definitely present, as this happens only occasionally -- it can be fixed by restarting PC. But I cannot reasonably ask users to restart just because Pharo decided it doesn't feel like loading a library.

Any pointers / docs / ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

Re: LibFFI/NB Cairo External Module Not Found debugging

Guillermo Polito

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 1:37 PM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

some Windows users are repeatedly running into Pharo failing to load Cairo library on Windows (see stack screenshot at the bottom).

The problem is that I have no idea how to even start debugging this.

Is there some documentation on how Pharo loads libraries via FFI on Windows that I can start digging into?

Note that the library is definitely present, as this happens only occasionally -- it can be fixed by restarting PC. But I cannot reasonably ask users to restart just because Pharo decided it doesn't feel like loading a library.

Any pointers / docs / ideas appreciated.

You can see the actual code from

?

Thanks,
Peter