License question

Sophie424
Current license says not for commercial use. Does this prohibit
writing a commercial application in Amber (and using the Smalltalk
environment libs to build the app, and the deployment lib to run the
app on both server & web browser client)?  If so, any intention of
changing this?

Thanks!

Re: License question

Kevin Driedger-4
According to the GitHub website:

It says:
Amber is released under the MIT license. All contributions made for inclusion are considered to be under MIT.

]{evin ])riedger

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Sophie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Current license says not for commercial use. Does this prohibit
writing a commercial application in Amber (and using the Smalltalk
environment libs to build the app, and the deployment lib to run the
app on both server & web browser client)?  If so, any intention of
changing this?

Thanks!

Re: License question

Nicolas Petton
Hi Sophie,

Where did you see this? Amber is under MIT.

Cheers,
Nico

On Sat, 2011-10-29 at 17:56 -0700, Sophie wrote:
> Current license says not for commercial use. Does this prohibit
> writing a commercial application in Amber (and using the Smalltalk
> environment libs to build the app, and the deployment lib to run the
> app on both server & web browser client)?  If so, any intention of
> changing this?
>
> Thanks!

Re: License question

Sophie424
Sorry, my mistake. I was reading the bottom line on the amber-lang.net
web site, which actually is about the web-site content and not about
Amber :-)

Thanks.