Lightbox and Scriptaculous

keith1y
Hello All,

is it possible to invoke lightbox as part of scriptaculous
updater/evaluator script.

I have a select list

"option 1"
"option 2"
"new...

When the user selects an option the onChanged: script updates part of
the display in the normal scriptaculous manner.

When the user selects "new..." I want lighbox to display an editor form
to edit the new "option 3"

thanks in advance

Keith

Re: Lightbox and Scriptaculous

Lukas Renggli
> is it possible to invoke lightbox as part of scriptaculous
> updater/evaluator script.

No, #lightbox: is like #call: and should not be used from within AJAX
callbacks.

SULightbox makes a nice demo, but for most applications you need to
implement something that exactly matches your needs. If you do so, you
might want to inject the lightbox directly using an updater/evaluator.
Doing so is not complicated, but it requires an exact knowledge of
your DOM tree and CSS.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

RE: Lightbox and Scriptaculous

Sebastian Sastre-2
Hi Keith,

I'm not so sure if I get you question.

The content of the lightbox could be any regular component so you can make all
that if you want it.

The (updater's) callback for the "new... " command will change the component
state/mode. That way will render the editor form instead of the previous
content.

Is that what you mean?

Sebastian Sastre