Lightbox behaviour

Bernat Romagosa
Hi list,

I've noticed something a bit annoying about how lightboxes behave in Iliad, which derives from how delegators work in general.

When you open a lightbox, the whole page is re-rendered, not only the lightbox, making even a small confirmation dialog take as long to show up (and close) as rendering the whole page behind it.

This also causes a lightboxed widget to have different loading times depending on which page are you invoking it from, which gives users a bit of an inconsistency feeling.

How would you approach this problem? I've thought on rendering only the lightbox, and appending it to the DOM via javascript, but I'm not sure how would one implement this... any pointers?

Thanks a lot!

Bernat.

--
Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Lightbox behaviour

Nicolas Petton
Hi!

What I usually do is use an empty widget called 'lighter' or something like that to the application and append a lightbox to it.

HTH,
Nico