Limit Access to Seaside Server to Local Host - Again

Limit Access to Seaside Server to Local Host - Again

Runar Jordahl
We are using VisualWorks 7.7 with Seaside to make printable reports
from our desktop application. Users get reports opened in a local web
browser and can print from there.

The Seaside web server is started by the client program when users
invoke the print command. We want to limit access to this web server,
so that only requests originating from the same PC is served. Does
anyone know how to do this?

It was suggested to “(...) only listen on 127.0.0.1 no other host will
be able to reach that port but localhost.”
Does anyone know how to do this?

Runar

Re: Limit Access to Seaside Server to Local Host - Again

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
SeasideServer serverAddress: '127.0.0.1'

HTH,

-Boris

--
DeepCove Labs Ltd.
+1 (604) 689-0322

PacNet Services (Europe) Ltd.
+353 (0)61 714-360
Shannon Airport House, SFZ
County Clare, Ireland
http://tinyurl.com/y952amr

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email is intended only for the persons named in the message header.
Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is private and
confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
and delete the entire message including any attachments.

Thank you.