Limit Access to Seaside Server to Local Host

Limit Access to Seaside Server to Local Host

Runar Jordahl
We are using VisualWorks 7.7 with Seaside to make printable reports
from our desktop application. Users get reports opened in a local web
browser and can print from there.

The Seaside web server is started by the client program when users
invoke the print command. We want to limit access to this web server,
so that only requests originating from the same PC is served. Does
anyone know how to do this?

Kind regards
Runar

Re: Limit Access to Seaside Server to Local Host

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [vwnc] Limit Access to Seaside Server to Local Host

If you only listen on 127.0.0.1 no other host will be able to reach that port but localhost.

-Boris (via BlackBerry)