Line breaks lost when copy from clipboard on mac

Line breaks lost when copy from clipboard on mac

Adrian Lienhard
When I copy text with line breaks from outside Pharo into a Pharo
workspace all line breaks are lost and replaced by a rectangle. In
version 10259 it was still working, and in version 10262 it is broken
(I don't have images in between, but if it helps I can find out in
exactly which version the problem was introduced).

When I inspect the pasted string, in the working version the line
break is character value 13, in the current, broken version it is 10.

Is this related to the Unicode changes?

Adrian

Re: Line breaks lost when copy from clipboard on mac

Schwab,Wilhelm K
FFIW, I see this too.

Re: Line breaks lost when copy from clipboard on mac

Michael Rueger-6
Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> When I copy text with line breaks from outside Pharo into a Pharo
> workspace all line breaks are lost and replaced by a rectangle. In
> version 10259 it was still working, and in version 10262 it is broken (I
> don't have images in between, but if it helps I can find out in exactly
> which version the problem was introduced).
>
> When I inspect the pasted string, in the working version the line break
> is character value 13, in the current, broken version it is 10.
>
> Is this related to the Unicode changes?

Related to the clipboard changes. The new Mac VM supports Unicode in the
standard clipboard primitive, not sure if it has the same behavior. We
wouldn't need the ClipboadPlugin then.

Michael

Re: Line breaks lost when copy from clipboard on mac

Damien Cassou
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I copy text with line breaks from outside Pharo into a Pharo
> workspace all line breaks are lost and replaced by a rectangle. In
> version 10259 it was still working, and in version 10262 it is broken
> (I don't have images in between, but if it helps I can find out in
> exactly which version the problem was introduced).
>
> When I inspect the pasted string, in the working version the line
> break is character value 13, in the current, broken version it is 10.
>
> Is this related to the Unicode changes?

I have the same problem under Linux

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Line breaks lost when copy from clipboard on mac

Nicolas Cellier
You could inspect paste string: i bet these are LF when Squeak insists
on having CR

2009/5/18 Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> When I copy text with line breaks from outside Pharo into a Pharo
>> workspace all line breaks are lost and replaced by a rectangle. In
>> version 10259 it was still working, and in version 10262 it is broken
>> (I don't have images in between, but if it helps I can find out in
>> exactly which version the problem was introduced).
>>
>> When I inspect the pasted string, in the working version the line
>> break is character value 13, in the current, broken version it is 10.
>>
>> Is this related to the Unicode changes?
>
> I have the same problem under Linux
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Line breaks lost when copy from clipboard on mac

Adrian Lienhard
Yes, that is what I did. (In the broken version the line break
character has value 10 (=LF) whereas in the earlier version that
worked it had value 13 (=CR).)

Adrian

On May 18, 2009, at 17:30 , Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> You could inspect paste string: i bet these are LF when Squeak insists
> on having CR
>
> 2009/5/18 Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:
>> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> When I copy text with line breaks from outside Pharo into a Pharo
>>> workspace all line breaks are lost and replaced by a rectangle. In
>>> version 10259 it was still working, and in version 10262 it is
>>> broken
>>> (I don't have images in between, but if it helps I can find out in
>>> exactly which version the problem was introduced).
>>>
>>> When I inspect the pasted string, in the working version the line
>>> break is character value 13, in the current, broken version it is
>>> 10.
>>>
>>> Is this related to the Unicode changes?
>>
>> I have the same problem under Linux
>>
>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Line breaks lost when copy from clipboard on mac

Nicolas Cellier
I have not a squeak handy, but I think there is already a method in
String for converting, not speaking of stream, so this should be easy
to solve.