Line graph in Pier

John Borden
Pier Group,
For a small site, I have a list of the item costs and the day:

|! Date | ! Cost of Item 1 |! Cost of Item 2
| 2010-Feb-11 | $2.50 | $2.25
| 2010-Feb-10 | $2.45 | $2.23
| 2010-Feb-9 | $2.41 | $2.26
| 2010-Feb-8 | $2.52 | $2.24

My customer is perfectly happy entering the text each day, however he wants a line graph showing the rise and fall of the two items for the last few weeks.  Is there anything in pier which will display this sort of data?  Maybe something in Squeak/Pharo which would generate a morph, that can be turned into a jpg?

Thanks,
John

Re: Line graph in Pier

Lukas Renggli
You might want to have a look at Google Chart:

    http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/pairprogramming

Lukas

On 12 February 2010 05:24, John Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pier Group,
> For a small site, I have a list of the item costs and the day:
>
> |! Date | ! Cost of Item 1 |! Cost of Item 2
> | 2010-Feb-11 | $2.50 | $2.25
> | 2010-Feb-10 | $2.45 | $2.23
> | 2010-Feb-9 | $2.41 | $2.26
> | 2010-Feb-8 | $2.52 | $2.24
>
> My customer is perfectly happy entering the text each day, however he wants a line graph showing the rise and fall of the two items for the last few weeks.  Is there anything in pier which will display this sort of data?  Maybe something in Squeak/Pharo which would generate a morph, that can be turned into a jpg?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Line graph in Pier

Stephan Eggermont-3

On Feb 12, 2010, at 5:24 AM, John Borden wrote:
> My customer is perfectly happy entering the text each day, however
> he wants a line graph showing the rise and fall of the two items for
> the last few weeks.  Is there anything in pier which will display
> this sort of data?  Maybe something in Squeak/Pharo which would
> generate a morph, that can be turned into a jpg?

You might want to use Raphael (on squeaksource) to generate the images.

Stephan