Link to attachment

Вася Чайко
Hello.

How to refer to the file attached to wiki page? I have added a file
name.txt and I put the reference [name.txt], but after page save I
receive the reference to creation of new page on wiki with a name name.txt.

Re: Link to attachment

Janko Mivšek
Hi Vasja,

Вася Чайко wrote:

> How to refer to the file attached to wiki page? I have added a file
> name.txt and I put the reference [name.txt], but after page save I
> receive the reference to creation of new page on wiki with a name name.txt.

Simplest is just to drag the filename and drop it in the text, you'll
have a full Url od attachment there immediately. Other way is to copy
Url of attachment in attachment box and paste it into the text.

Attachment Urls otherwise look like in this example:

http://www.aidaweb.si/2008/09-13/faq-v9/banner-new.png

You need to put a whole such Url in [] parenthesis to have a valid url
that way.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Link to attachment

Nicolas Petton

2008/9/14 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
Hi Vasja,

Вася Чайко wrote:

> How to refer to the file attached to wiki page? I have added a file
> name.txt and I put the reference [name.txt], but after page save I
> receive the reference to creation of new page on wiki with a name name.txt.

Simplest is just to drag the filename and drop it in the text, you'll
have a full Url od attachment there immediately.

This works only if you use TinyMCE.

Cheers!

Nico

Re: Link to attachment

Вася Чайко
nicolas petton пишет:

> 2008/9/14 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hi Vasja,
>
>     Вася Чайко wrote:
>
>      > How to refer to the file attached to wiki page? I have added a file
>      > name.txt and I put the reference [name.txt], but after page save I
>      > receive the reference to creation of new page on wiki with a name
>     name.txt.
>
>     Simplest is just to drag the filename and drop it in the text, you'll
>     have a full Url od attachment there immediately.
>

> This works only if you use TinyMCE.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Nico

When I create wiki pages and attach files with russian name in
repository folder created files with not readable names. Is it bug of
feature?

Re: Link to attachment

Вася Чайко
nicolas petton пишет:

> 2008/9/14 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hi Vasja,
>
>     Вася Чайко wrote:
>
>      > How to refer to the file attached to wiki page? I have added a file
>      > name.txt and I put the reference [name.txt], but after page save I
>      > receive the reference to creation of new page on wiki with a name
>     name.txt.
>
>     Simplest is just to drag the filename and drop it in the text, you'll
>     have a full Url od attachment there immediately.
>

> This works only if you use TinyMCE.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Nico

russianNames.PNG (12K) Download Attachment

Re: Link to attachment with Unicode name

Janko Mivšek
Вася Чайко wrote:

> When I create wiki pages and attach files with russian name in
> repository folder created files with not readable names. Is it bug of
> feature?

Pretty funny file names indeed (see attachment). Could Squeak to be
blamed here?

Masashi, you are the expert here, how Japanese attachments behave on Squeak?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

russianNames.PNG (12K) Download Attachment

Re: Link to attachment with Unicode name

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi all,

The situation is exactly the same in Japanese. This is a known
behavior and I would like to change it.

Current Attachment implementation maps URL and file name in a pretty
complex way (see Attachment>>setUrl).

The simplest way is to just use URL encoded name for both URL and file
name. But it would create a very long (and not so readable) file name.

Another way is to use URL encoding for URL, and punycode-like encoding
for file. But punycode is originally developed for domain name, and it
is not case-sensitive (it would be a problem in Windows).

Another option is to use URL encoding for URL, and use native
(OS-encoded) file name. Although it is simple, file names would not be
portable between platforms.

Probably we can also use UUID for file name, and name-to-id mappings
can be stored as meta info files.

Any good ideas??? :-)

--
[:masashi | ^umezawa]