Linking files with TwoByte names?

Stephen Pope

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a symbolic link (with VisualWorks on a Mac) between files that have 16-bit characters (mostly accented-European language names) in their names.

UnixProcess class appears to restrict its I/O to byte streams (so I can't use cshOne: on the command "ln -s ..."), and I can't find a Filename utility for making symbolic links.

...any ideas?

stp

--

                    Stephen Travis Pope   Santa Barbara, California, USA

Re: Linking files with TwoByte names?

Alan Knight-2
UnixProcess should be fine, you just need to make sure the encoding matches. Possibly with the wrinkle the the Mac decomposes accented characters in its filesystem names.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 3:45 PM Stephen Travis Pope <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a symbolic link (with VisualWorks on a Mac) between files that have 16-bit characters (mostly accented-European language names) in their names.

UnixProcess class appears to restrict its I/O to byte streams (so I can't use cshOne: on the command "ln -s ..."), and I can't find a Filename utility for making symbolic links.

...any ideas?

stp

--

                    Stephen Travis Pope   Santa Barbara, California, USA

pastedGraphic.tiff (3K) Download Attachment