Linux 3.9 VM and Plugins

Brad Fuller-3
I'm using the 3.9-8 version of the VM from http://squeakvm.org/unix/. It
does not contain all the plugins, only:

AioPlugin
PseudoTTYPlugin
UnixOSProcessPlugin
XDisplayControlPlugin
vm-display-X11
vm-display-fbdev
vm-display-null
vm-sound-ALSA (yeah!)
vm-sound-OSS
vm-sound-null

Must I build the VM to get all the plugins available for *nix? Or are
they available somewhere else?

--
brad fuller
www.bradfuller.com

Re: Linux 3.9 VM and Plugins

David T. Lewis
On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 12:43:39PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:

> I'm using the 3.9-8 version of the VM from http://squeakvm.org/unix/. It
> does not contain all the plugins, only:
>
> AioPlugin
> PseudoTTYPlugin
> UnixOSProcessPlugin
> XDisplayControlPlugin
> vm-display-X11
> vm-display-fbdev
> vm-display-null
> vm-sound-ALSA (yeah!)
> vm-sound-OSS
> vm-sound-null
>

> Must I build the VM to get all the plugins available for *nix? Or are
> they available somewhere else?

Brad,

I think that you are looking only at the external plugins. There are
lots of other plugins that have been compiled internally.

"SmalltalkImage current listBuiltinModules" will show you the plugins
that are internal to the VM.

If you do want to compile a plugin other than one of the ones in the
distribution, then yes you will need to build a VM with VMMaker.

Dave

Re: Linux 3.9 VM and Plugins

Brad Fuller-3
David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 12:43:39PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
>> I'm using the 3.9-8 version of the VM from http://squeakvm.org/unix/. It
>> does not contain all the plugins, only:
>>
>> AioPlugin
>> PseudoTTYPlugin
>> UnixOSProcessPlugin
>> XDisplayControlPlugin
>> vm-display-X11
>> vm-display-fbdev
>> vm-display-null
>> vm-sound-ALSA (yeah!)
>> vm-sound-OSS
>> vm-sound-null
>>

>> Must I build the VM to get all the plugins available for *nix? Or are
>> they available somewhere else?
>
> Brad,
>
> I think that you are looking only at the external plugins. There are
> lots of other plugins that have been compiled internally.

Oh.. that's right. Thanks.

Sorry for the noise.

--
brad fuller