Linux Pharo VM on Pharo website

laurent laffont
Hi,

I've prepared the following archive. It may replace the "Unix (3.11-3)" download link.

In this archive:

- patched squeak-vm rev. 2151. (The 2 patches are for FT2Plugin build and multiple options in CFLAGS  to work. Patchs in archive).
- awk gnuification
- README with instructions to build and regenerate this source from VMMaker
- All Pharo-1.0 tests green (on my machine ...)
- it has been built/tested by several people in order to send me tinyBenchmark results :)

The tinyBenchmarks are not as good as Exupery one, but this vary a lot depending on the CPU.

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont

Re: Linux Pharo VM on Pharo website

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks laurent

Do you have an account in the inria gforge?

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
thanks laurent

Do you have an account in the inria gforge?

No

Laurent Laffont

On Apr 7, 2010, at 8:34 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've prepared the following archive. It may replace the "Unix (3.11-3)" download link.
>
> http://lolgzs.free.fr/pharo/squeak-vm/squeak-3.11.3.2151-pharo-src.tar.gz
>
> In this archive:
>
> - patched squeak-vm rev. 2151. (The 2 patches are for FT2Plugin build and multiple options in CFLAGS  to work. Patchs in archive).
> - awk gnuification
> - README with instructions to build and regenerate this source from VMMaker
> - All Pharo-1.0 tests green (on my machine ...)
> - it has been built/tested by several people in order to send me tinyBenchmark results :)
>
> The tinyBenchmarks are not as good as Exupery one, but this vary a lot depending on the CPU.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurent Laffont

Re: Linux Pharo VM on Pharo website

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
laurent laffont a écrit :

The tinyBenchmarks are not as good as Exupery one, but this vary a lot depending on the CPU.

Any reason not to propose Exupery?

The idea is to propose the squeak vm 2151 I provide (source) + Exupery VM (binary - alternate link).

The major problem with Exupery VM is that nobody but Bryce (as far as I know) can build it. I'm still not able to do it:(. That means no package for Linux distributions.
Another one is failing tests.

Laurent Laffont

Hilaire

Re: Linux Pharo VM on Pharo website

laurent if you want register using the rmod team and let me know so that I add you to the pharo project.

stef

On Apr 7, 2010, at 9:09 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> thanks laurent
>
> Do you have an account in the inria gforge?
>
> No
>
> Laurent Laffont
>

> On Apr 7, 2010, at 8:34 AM, laurent laffont wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've prepared the following archive. It may replace the "Unix (3.11-3)" download link.
> >
> > http://lolgzs.free.fr/pharo/squeak-vm/squeak-3.11.3.2151-pharo-src.tar.gz
> >
> > In this archive:
> >
> > - patched squeak-vm rev. 2151. (The 2 patches are for FT2Plugin build and multiple options in CFLAGS  to work. Patchs in archive).
> > - awk gnuification
> > - README with instructions to build and regenerate this source from VMMaker
> > - All Pharo-1.0 tests green (on my machine ...)
> > - it has been built/tested by several people in order to send me tinyBenchmark results :)
> >
> > The tinyBenchmarks are not as good as Exupery one, but this vary a lot depending on the CPU.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Laurent Laffont

Re: Linux Pharo VM on Pharo website

Schwab,Wilhelm K
To anyone who might be struggling with this:  I don't call Ubuntu 9.10 the Kranky Kangaroo for nothing =:0   The apt-get line kept prompting for a CD.  After a couple of false starts, I found instructions to go to /etc/apt /sources.list and comment out the line referencing the cd.  That _appears_ to have worked.

Bill

Re: Linux Pharo VM on Pharo website

laurent laffont
Now on INRIAGForge server: https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26793/squeak-3.11.3.2151-pharo-src.tar.gz