Linux VM download has split personality

Martin McClure-2
The current Linux VM download,

http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/24653/pharo-vm-0.15.2e-linux.zip,

linked to from the pharo-download page, seems rather confused.

It contains two top-level directories:

pharo-vm-0.15.2d-linux
pharo-vm-0.15.2e-linux

The 0.15.2d one contains over 200 symlinks in 90 directories, but no
actual files.

The 0.15.2e one contains over 400 files, but no symlinks.

The previous zip file contains the same number of symlinks and files,
but all under the same directory.

Regards,

-Martin

Re: Linux VM download has split personality

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Martin,

That is strange, because I just downloaded it and it looks fine.  If I did everything correctly, it is running now.  I am reasonably certain I have a previously downloaded copy running on my laptop, but it was not yet on this machine.

Bill

Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:
> Martin,
>
> That is strange, because I just downloaded it and it looks fine.  If I did everything correctly, it is running now.  I am reasonably certain I have a previously downloaded copy running on my laptop, but it was not yet on this machine.

It does run, it just has all its symlinks in the wrong directory.

What do you get if you try this?

find pharo-vm-0.15.2e-linux -type l | wc -l

I get 0.

whereas if I run

find pharo-vm-0.15.2d-linux -type f | wc -l

I also get 0. Both are wrong, at least compared to the actual 0.15.2d
release.

Regards,

-Martin

Re: Linux VM download has split personality

Damien Cassou
2009/11/7 Martin McClure <[hidden email]>:

> It does run, it just has all its symlinks in the wrong directory.
>
> What do you get if you try this?
>
> find pharo-vm-0.15.2e-linux -type l | wc -l
>
> I get 0.
>
> whereas if I run
>
> find pharo-vm-0.15.2d-linux -type f | wc -l
>
> I also get 0. Both are wrong, at least compared to the actual 0.15.2d
> release.

could you please try again with version 0.15.2f:
http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download?

thank you

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Damien Cassou wrote:

> could you please try again with version 0.15.2f:
> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download?

Much better, thanks!

-Martin