List of interesting JavaScript projects

1 message Options

List of interesting JavaScript projects

Roeder, Marko
Hi -

Listening to a talk and browsing some of the references afterwards, I discovered a very nice overview of cool and interesting JavaScript projects.
The list can be found within the github wiki of the CoffeeScript project (a JavaScript variation that compiles to JavaScript like Dart does):

The Lively Kernel (and related work) is also mentioned a few times within this list:

JavaScript Language Extensions
- ContextJS is an implementation of Context-oriented Programming for JavaScript.

Smalltalk
- Lively Kernel - smalltalk/squeak-like development environment in the browser. See also Avocado, built on top of it.

Visual programming tools
- JsMorphic - demo - also called Snap!

Javascript Parser Generators
- OMeta/JS (source) metacompiler for many languages to many targets, including js.

So I though it would be nice for all of you to know about it :-).

Happy discovering,

- Marko