ListPresenter does not publish any events

1 message Options

ListPresenter does not publish any events

Louis Sumberg
When I select ListPresenter in the CHB and click on Class/Browse/Published
Events I get a message box, saying "ListPresenter does not publish any
events".  But, I can certainly set up observers on a ListPresenter, e.g. in
createSchematicWiring:

    listPresenter when: #lostFocus send: #onLostFocus to: self.
    listPresenter when: #keyTyped: send: #onKeyTyped: to: self.

A similar thing happens with TextPresenter (and I presume all other
presenters): TextPresenter has only one published event (#valueChanged), but
it certainly works to install observers on TextPresenter for a number of
event symbols other than #valueChanged.  I realize the contents of
#publishedEventsOfInstances are hand-coded, not system generated, which is
also why some events might be left out by mistake (e.g.,
#onPositionChanging:).

What then, is the intended use (or raison d'etre) of published events?

It seems to be saying "Look here first for events that I definitely trigger,
then look at the view with which I'm 'closely coupled with' for events that
I may or may not really trigger".

-- Louis