ListView gridline problems on XP - fix

1 message Options

ListView gridline problems on XP - fix

John Aspinall-5
Having been berated by some users for the mildly annoying flashing of the
ListView control when scrolling under Windows XP with gridlines turned on
(itself a fix for an underlying problem with the control itself, see
ListView>>onVScroll:), I've implemented an alternative fix.

The fix takes the approach of turning off Windows own gridlines, and using the
owner draw notifications to manually draw the gridlines (correctly!). You can
download the patch (SSW ListView Gridlines.pac) here:

http://www.solutionsoft.co.uk/widgets/listviewfix.zip

Rather embarrassingly, this fix doesn't work with my EditableListView goodie,
due to some rather reckless overrides. If you're using the ELV, you'll also need
to file in the .st patch file included in the zip.

Best regards,

John Aspinall
Solutions Software
http://www.solutionsoft.co.uk