Live editing a page with Helios

Andy Burnett
Is there a way to open Helios on a particular page?

For instance has anyone packaged amber as a chrome app that could be
invoked on any page?

Cheers
Andy

Re: Live editing a page with Helios

Nicolas Petton
Hi!

I would definitely be doable, but AFAIK nobody did it yet.

Cheers,
Nico

On Jul 3, 2013, at 2:44 AM, Andy Burnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to open Helios on a particular page?
>
> For instance has anyone packaged amber as a chrome app that could be
> invoked on any page?
>
> Cheers
> Andy

Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Live editing a page with Helios

Darius Clarke

Hi Nico,

Would it make sense to make the Helios panel a popup (most likely as an option with a popout button)?

It would still be part of the page programatically, but wouldn't block the visual content or visual properties of its page.

I know most web browsers block popups, but a developer can over ride that for her/his web pages hosting the Helios browser.

Or, is the preferred use case where one edits the app in Helios and a separate browser session and one manually refreshes after each commit on the distribution version of the page?

Cheers,
Darius

Re: Live editing a page with Helios

Herby Vojčík
IIRC there already is a function there that opens Helios as a popup.

Herby

Darius Clarke wrote:

> Hi Nico,
>
> Would it make sense to make the Helios panel a popup (most likely as
> an option with a popout button)?
>
> It would still be part of the page programatically, but wouldn't block
> the visual content or visual properties of its page.
>
> I know most web browsers block popups, but a developer can over ride
> that for her/his web pages hosting the Helios browser.
>
> Or, is the preferred use case where one edits the app in Helios and a
> separate browser session and one manually refreshes after each commit
> on the distribution version of the page?
>
> Cheers,
> Darius

pt_out.

Re: Live editing a page with Helios

Nicolas Petton
yep,

amber.popupHelios()

nico

On Jul 29, 2013, at 11:23 PM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:

> IIRC there already is a function there that opens Helios as a popup.
>
> Herby
>
> Darius Clarke wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nico,
>>
>> Would it make sense to make the Helios panel a popup (most likely as an option with a popout button)?
>>
>> It would still be part of the page programatically, but wouldn't block the visual content or visual properties of its page.
>>
>> I know most web browsers block popups, but a developer can over ride that for her/his web pages hosting the Helios browser.
>>
>> Or, is the preferred use case where one edits the app in Helios and a separate browser session and one manually refreshes after each commit on the distribution version of the page?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Darius
>>
>> --
> pt_out.