Live testing with Autotest

Rafael Luque
Hi all,

I'm trying to learn Pharo (at Smalltalk Camp) reviewing the great screencasts by Laurent Laffont at PharoCasts.

When I try to load AutoTest as it is explained in this screencast: http://www.pharocasts.com/2010/07/live-testing-with-autotest.html I get the following Gofer error:

GoferRepositoryError: Could not access http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository: ConnectionTimedOut: Data receive timed out.

Maybe the screencast is a bit outdated and I'm using the wrong repository?

Thank you,

Rafael Luque

Rafael Luque

Re: Live testing with Autotest

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Rafael Luque wrote
I forgot to mention that I'm trying with the latest Pharo-1.4 and Pharo-2.0
images.
Hey Rafa! If you're learning, stick to 1.4... 2.0, which I believe will be a game-changer when released, is currently in alpha, and you will be slowed down with problems that are irrelevant and distracting.

b.t.w. you did the right thing, but squeaksource is down (http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/squeaksource.com)

Cheers,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Live testing with Autotest

jfabry

On 26 Aug 2012, at 03:56, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Rafael Luque wrote
>>
>> I forgot to mention that I'm trying with the latest Pharo-1.4 and
>> Pharo-2.0
>> images.
>>

> Hey Rafa! If you're learning, stick to 1.4... 2.0, which I believe will be a
> game-changer when released, is currently in alpha, and you will be slowed
> down with problems that are irrelevant and distracting.
>
> b.t.w. you did the right thing, but squeaksource is down
> (http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/squeaksource.com)

I would normally tell you that you can try the chilean mirror, but for some reason it's down as well :-( I'll get somebody to look at it but since it's sunday it will take some time...

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Live testing with Autotest

Rafael Luque
Thank you!

About the chilean mirror, what's its URL? is it a read-only repo or I could also sent changes to it and exists an after sync process between the mirrors? Finally, where can I find a  list of the squeaksource's mirrors available?

Sorry because I'm asking so much, but I'm starting with Pharo and I have not read about these mirrors in any place.

Rafa Luque

2012/8/26 Johan Fabry <[hidden email]>

On 26 Aug 2012, at 03:56, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Rafael Luque wrote
>>
>> I forgot to mention that I'm trying with the latest Pharo-1.4 and
>> Pharo-2.0
>> images.
>>

> Hey Rafa! If you're learning, stick to 1.4... 2.0, which I believe will be a
> game-changer when released, is currently in alpha, and you will be slowed
> down with problems that are irrelevant and distracting.
>
> b.t.w. you did the right thing, but squeaksource is down
> (http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/squeaksource.com)

I would normally tell you that you can try the chilean mirror, but for some reason it's down as well :-( I'll get somebody to look at it but since it's sunday it will take some time...

Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Live testing with Autotest

jfabry

The chilean mirror is a read-only mirror that dayly downloads the latest versions of every public project on squeaksource. As far as I know it is the only available mirror. How it works is documented on the mirror itself: http://dsal.cl/squeaksource

But sadly it is down :-( until somebody fixes it tomorrow late afternoon Belgian time. (= early morning Chilean time)