LivePipe UI bindings for seaside

David Zmick-2
I was wondering if anyone has successfully gotten LivePipe UI to function under seaside. I saw that Lukas Renggli was working on something here: http://groups.google.com/group/livepipe-ui-users/browse_thread/thread/7178059d4e7adc79?pli=1 and I wondered if i could get access to it and if it works.

Thanks!

--
David Zmick

Re: LivePipe UI bindings for seaside

Lukas Renggli
I barely remember: That was in the beginning of Seaside 2.9/3.0 and
due to the inconvenient LivePipe UI API and growing popularity of
jQuery we moved to jQueryUI. You might still be able to find the
failed attempt somewhere on SqueakSource, but I am not sure if it ever
worked ...

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: LivePipe UI bindings for seaside

David Zmick-2
So would it be a better idea to implement an application using jQuery and jQueryUI instead of using scriptaculous/prototype? I have no been following any seaside news so I might be a bit behind.

Thank you for your quick reply also.

On 26 December 2010 22:41, David Zmick <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So would it be a better idea to implement an application using jQuery and
> jQueryUI instead of using scriptaculous/prototype? I have no been following
> any seaside news so I might be a bit behind.
> Thank you for your quick reply also.

I think so, jQuery has an enormous community. The
script.aculo.us/prototype libraries have seen little (browser
compatibility) to no updates in the past years.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: LivePipe UI bindings for seaside

David Zmick-2
Alright. Thank you! I shall begin the transition to jQuery. I am sure I will have more questions, it is a good thing there is such a great community here to help me out!