LiveUpdate

Sebastián Sastre
Hi all,

    I'm making a LiveUpdate for my applications. As the update of the
LiveUpdate app can also update itself, a reboot of the host is required.

    Anybody knows a way to send the system to reboot programmatically (from
inside of the dolphin code) ?

    regards,

--
Sebastián Sastre
[hidden email]

Re: LiveUpdate

Bill Schwab-2
Sebastián,

>     I'm making a LiveUpdate for my applications. As the update of the
> LiveUpdate app can also update itself, a reboot of the host is required.
>
>     Anybody knows a way to send the system to reboot programmatically
(from
> inside of the dolphin code) ?

Yes, though I don't necessarily vouch for its correctness.  NT and up adds a
wrinkle in that you have to do a fair amount of work to give yourself the
privileges to make the call.  It makes about as much sense as allowing an
OCX control to mark itself as safe for scripting (which is possible).

Please note that the structures in package (arriving by email) are not used.
I was having trouble, and resorted to just dumping the data into byte
arrays.  It started working, so I stopped working :)

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.